My new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mirrorball, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Mirrorball macrumors member

I couldn't wait for the Montevina update and bought a 15" Macbook Pro 2.6 from the refurbished store two days ago for $2399. So far I think it's fantastic. I can't see any yellowing on the screen (didn't look for it very hard) or dead pixels. The sound is good enough for me and I don't care if there is a small gap below the lid when I close it.

2. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

wow, a fully axed out macbook pro for 2400

i want one

3. Mirrorball thread starter macrumors member

There are both glossy and matte models for sale right now at the refurbished store, have a look.

Thanks for the congrats.

4. aosman macrumors 6502

5. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

Neat. How good is the sound quality.... that's kind of important to me. Better than most PC laptops you've used, or...?

I use a Beige G3 and was using a Pentium M-based Toshiba (which pretty much bit the dust).

The Beige has fantastic sound quality, and the Toshiba was pretty decent for a laptop, especially with the Toshiba SRS WOW! software add-on, so I'm used to pretty good sound.... does it get loud?

Can you like, crank it up and have the laptop be reasonably loud and not sound tinny? Thanks and congrats :)

6. Mirrorball thread starter macrumors member

It's been a long time since I last used a PC laptop and my memory is bad. I'd have to test a few laptops to tell you if it's better. If you want to make sure the sound is good, visit an Apple store and test the sound. It seems loud enough for me. If I was having a party, I'd plug it to an extern speaker, but I'd never crank it up if I were just listening to music or watching a movie by myself. At 75% the volume feels right.
    On the other hand, I had the vertical striping yesterday. Easy to fix, though.