My New MacBook!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rossgumbrell, Nov 20, 2007.

1. rossgumbrell macrumors regular

YAYYYYYY. Its FINALLY arrived!

SR BlackBook with 2gb RAM. 12" Powerbook retired at the age of 3, you have served me well, you will be missed :eek: :( . Keyboard is going to take a while to get used to fully though.

Im ecstatic! Its absolutely gorgeous. Leopard is an absolute PLEASURE to play around with. No dead pixels, no creaking side. No 'hiss', no freezing keyboard (touch wood) is just great overall.

This is mainly as ive read alot of threads and posts with all the laptop problems and leopard bugs. people are much more likely to post if they problems and so it makes it seem pretty bad when u look on a forum and you just see problem after problem. So... heres a post, and its FINE. Couldnt be happier! :D

:apple::apple::apple:

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Congrats!!! Love to hear from another proud owner of a new perfect running Notebook.

Enjoy :)

3. Cloudane macrumors 65816

Cloudane

Yay, a positive report on the MR forums!!

Glad it's a good one :D

Interesting that you went "down" from PB (Pro model) to MacBook (Consumer model). I'll probably do the same when the time comes, as I have an iMac now for the grunt work. It's a hefty price difference.

You'll come to love the keyboard, at least I did with the desktop equivalent. Normal keyboards are too much effort now :eek:

Congrats :D

4. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

5. Southern macrumors regular

Southern

Nicely done, sir! I'm recommending my girlfriend a macbook, so to hear that someone has had some decent experiences with a new model in the face of the negative rumours makes me happy to know I made the right suggestion.

How are you finding the speed increase/jump from a three year old machine?

6. rossgumbrell thread starter macrumors regular

oh its fantastic. everything is sooo snappy and opens in one "bounce". i currently have mail, ical, iphoto, safari, photobooth, msn and itunes open with zero signs of any slowdown watsoever.

only thing which is a tad sluggish (and when i say tad, i mean a tad) is when you go through the effects menu in photobooth, other than that is fab! :D

Would deffo recommend it to anyone and everyone!

7. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Good onya mate :)

Nice choice going with the black, don't the colours on screen seem to pop out because of that slick black frame.

8. Southern macrumors regular

Southern

Cheers matey, enjoy your speedy new laptop!

9. SrMasterSell macrumors newbie

love it!

I have had mine since Saturday Night, Love my Black MacBook 2.2!!!!

Everything Rocks!

I am coming from a Toshiba top of the line Quosimo. The MacBook is sooooo much better.

No problems at all.

Ron