My new MB Air randomly forced me to restart

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ktowe, Nov 8, 2010.

1. ktowe macrumors newbie

This happened twice today on my late 2010 MB Air (13"/2.13/4GB). The same thing also happened on my iMac once today. This was the first time it happened with my iMac since I bought it two years ago. I was just simply browsing the Internet, doing email, and word processing.

The two most recent changes I made to both of them were installing dropbox and adding clicktoflash extension. Any idea what may have caused this? :confused: I'd appreciate your answers and advices.

[​IMG]

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

that's a kernel panic, although I am not sure what could have caused that.

3. ktowe thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your answer. I have to admit that I'm clueless about this kind of stuffs.

Is it something serious? Should I take it back for an exchange or return? My 2-week period will be expired tomorrow.

4. inf macrumors 6502

inf

If it starts to do it all the time, then go for the exchange. One kernel panic doesn't mean anything :)

5. ktowe thread starter macrumors newbie

I just checked logged files. It happened twice on the first day I got the machine (10/26) and twice today.

6. beatnikdave macrumors newbie

That happened to my 11" also. I had it happen to me 8 times within 10 days, so I made an appointment at my local apple store and they swapped it out for me with a new one.