My new MBP CTO i7 15" - Wireless messed up :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lord Flashheart, May 5, 2010.

1. Lord Flashheart macrumors regular

Lord Flashheart

Bad news: Wireless is jacked up. Keeps dropping signal. istat pro says it drops to 0 input and output Cant play wow because I keep getting disconnected. I can barely surf any sites wirelessly, but can on my old MBP and my girlfriend can on her MacBook. Will be calling Apple. It is CTO so I can't just exchange. I am so BUMMED! If I open a new window or tab it usually opens up, but once connected it drops and loses all functionality. Took me 5 tries and 4 minutes to post this. Had to keep refreshing and finally had to open a new tab 3 times before I could write this.

2. Totti macrumors member

Wierd. My i5 does this on the work wireless (Which, frankly sucks...But works ok on our iPhones) but works fine on my home wireless. Have you tried pairing to a different network?

3. xaquaticx macrumors regular

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=905590

Basically lots of people have **** for wifi with MBPs. Yet a lot post it's great. I have to wonder if they are used to bad signal or if I (and you) got duds. I'm going to be bringing it in to an Apple STore this weekend. I have the i5 MBP 15". The signal drops all the time and the signal is a quarter what the MacBook I had was. Completely unacceptable. If an update can't fix it I want an exchange to a MacBook with no fee. In fact perhaps we should even be compensated. It's a serious defect. All these cosmetic issues..meh. That's splitting hairs. But Wifi is like the most important thing, aside from a working screen, HD and input. I mean what the hell. If metal cases don't work they shouldn't use them. But I don't understand the dropping fo connections that's got to be firmware or software related??

All I know is this sucks. Because otherwise the MBP is tiiiiight.

4. Lord Flashheart thread starter macrumors regular

Lord Flashheart

Ya I know this is not right. I am running my older MBP (the one in my sig) side by side and it works fine. In fact I have been using my older MBP, a Powewrbook g4 and MacBook for years on this same wireless and they all work flawlessly. It is something wrong with this new i7.