My new MBP is fine

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by happydudeca, Jul 28, 2007.

1. happydudeca macrumors member

I was a little paranoid about ordering this thing with all the problems I read about around here. I've had it for abut 24hours now and I have to say I'm happy with it. It's taking a long time to rip my cd collection into ITunes, transfer music from my old pc, install games/word, and otherwise set it all up to my liking but so far so good.

It took awhile to ship, ordered on the 10th and received it yesterday. I opted for the glossy screen, and to put it to the test I'm set up right now with my back to 3 south facing windows full of sun and although I can see some reflection, it's quite acceptable; there's glare but at the same time there's nothing on my display I can't see. I noticed the yellow tint when looking at an angle, but in real world use (unless people beside me want to watch what I'm doing in perfect color) it makes no difference. I noticed odd noises in the headphones when watching movie clips on the internet, but nothing when listening to ITunes or gamimg (this is with my IPod headphones). No 1/3screen yellow tint either, no kernel panics or lost wireless. *I did not install 10.4.1 though. As for heat, after an hour of playing COD2 it was still cool enough to use on my lap. Sure it got hot right underneath the "MacBook Pro" label by the screen, but the bottom was very acceptable.

My one complaint: Doom 3 crashed twice for no apparent reason, even crashed after I installed the UB update. I do miss my PC shortcuts too, (first mac), like ctrl alt delete and alt tab and what not though I'm slowly picking these up.

So if you're doubting whether or not you should wait to buy a MBP, or return your perfectly good one because it *might break, rest easier knowing that my MBP, along with many other 'my MBP is fine' posters have no problems with their machines.

2. Jestered macrumors 6502

LOL. Why would you miss ctrl alt delete??? That is funny!

Congrats on your new mac! Mine is/was perfect as well.

3. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

Mac versions are option+Apple+escape (that's to force quit and app)
    And Apple+Tab to switch applications.

Cheers!