My New MBP won't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Y0gz, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Y0gz macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I just bought a new mbp, after my windows pc went broken. I am traveling around south east Asia, and went to Singapore, where I bought my new mbp, because I need a laptop while traveling around. I bought it at 3/1-2016 (1 of March 2016) (so it's only 20 days old!)

I already got a problem with my new mbp.
    Yesterday I used it for watching a video on the Internet, it suddenly became really hot and was lacking in the picture. Short period of time afterwards it went black screen and just rebooted. Then I could login again, and went to the start screen and 1 sec afterward it went frozen in the picture and some fault message in the corner appeared, and bam.. It reboots again. This went on for a couple of times more, and then I had to leave it because I needed to go out for dinner. When I came home, it of course was cooled down, I tried turn it on again, it booted and went to the start screen with no problems, within an minute it rebooted again. I have tried to reset pram, reset smc, nothing helped, just went on rebooting with a message that something went wrong, therefore it reboots. I also went to diagnostics, ran a hardware test, it said nothing was wrong. After all this I couldn't turn it on again, or at least the screen is black, can't figure if it not turning on or not - it is becoming hot, but no light in the screen or any other indicators that it is turned on. Now it's just completely dead. Nothing happens when I push the start button on the keyboard. Just completely black screen.
    When I put in the recharger cable, it turns orange, so it is charging (this is working - but now it is only green cause it's fully charged.).

Do you have any ideas what to do?? Now I am stucked with a COMPLETELY NEW MacBook that doesn't work - in Asia. I am traveling around, so I can't wait one place for a month (or how long it will take to fix it??) to wait to get it fixed.
    Is It possible to get a new one from Apple and return this one at any of the apple shops, around in Asia (thinking Bangkok or something like that?? Right now I am in Thailand!) now that it is only 20 days old and already not working(service Apple offer??) or is it just "too bad" for me, I have to get it fixed under the guarantee or??

Hope that any of you guys can help me with what to do? I don't know apples rules for new items that are already broken :/
    Anything I can do to make it work again?

Thank you for reading this!

Best regards,
    Daniel :)

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Go to a first Apple store you can find on your route and demand a replacement.

3. Y0gz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply!
    Is it a normal service they offer, when a new product just crashes? I mean did you experience or read that someone had luck with demanding a new MacBook?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 20, 2016 ---
    Also, an Apple Store, do you mean Like one of these in the link?
    Or do you mean one of the store from Apple Store locator on Apple.com?? Cause can't find any of apples "own" shops in Thailand? :/
    The nearest is in Japan or something - and that's way to far away - not exactly on the route! :/
    http://www.thebangkokshoppingguide.com/apple-stores-bangkok

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

You schould get a new MBP, so no repairs....and as far as I know, even Apple dalers have to act the same way as original Apple stores.

5. Y0gz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you again for your reply.

I just went to a ibeat shop this evening - they are authorized Apple dealer/reseller. They said the only thing they could do was to send it to Singapore, and then within a month I would get a new one. And that there was no real Apple stores in Thailand, and they were the only ones who would make a replacement.
    So anyone having another idea what I can do.

Don't know if I can go to a service store in Bangkok and they can replace it, Or that's the same - send it to Singapore and just wait a month to get a new one?? Anybody??

It really sucks to pay that much for such a brand, and its already broken, and now I can't to **** :/

6. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Well, OK.....one month wait is a tough one, but lets face it...you will get a new MBP...that is the only right solution for you, isn't it?

7. Y0gz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it is th right solution for me to get a new one, BUT the problem is that I can't be the same place / destination for a month - to wait for a shop sends it to Singapore and then wait for a new one arriving. I can't see why they can't just contact Apple explain the situation, if Apple will send a new one with no problems, why can't the shop then just give me one, and then Apple sends a new one to the shop and they keep that one. Follow me? :)
    I am traveling around SE Asia for half a year, so the only thing I can do is carrying around a dead mbp for half a year, and then when I comes back to Denmark in August, I can return it. That is the part that sucks the most. I bought a MBP because it's a good computer and I needed one for my travel! :/

8. slowmotionzx macrumors newbie

Once you arrive at a SE Asian country with a Apple Store (NOT A AUTHORIZED DEALER) exchange it for a new one. Vietnam, Singapore, Phillapeans, Hong Kong?

9. Y0gz thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not see a Apple Store (not a authorized dealer) in Vietnam. The closest one (found at store locator at Apple.com) is in Japan or Hong Kong, and I am not visiting none of the two countries.
    Are you sure there is a REAL Apple Store in Vietnam? - cause I am actually going to Vietnam in a month.

10. slowmotionzx macrumors newbie

Your right Vietnam doesn't have one, Philippines does though. Did a similar trip a couple years back and tickets there are quite cheap and it is well worth the visit. Otherwise it seems like your **** out of luck. Also i hope it didn't get water damage from the humidity there.