iPad mini My new mini has yellow screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jlusk99, Jan 13, 2014.

1. jlusk99 macrumors member

I had been thinking about getting either an Air or Mini Retina for a while now so I went to the Apple store on Saturday and bought one of each with 128GB and Verizon LTE.

I immediately was drawn to the Mini. I thought I would prefer the larger screen on the Air, but I am mainly using mine when I'm out of the house and on the go. When I'm at home, I'll primarily use my Macbook. The Mini is just the perfect size and I really love it. Unfortunately I have the yellow screen problem. Of course the Air I will most likely return has a perfect screen!

My serial number starts with DLXL. How do I tell which week it was manufactured like all these threads mention?

It is not terrible per se, and someone who picked it up for the first time probably wouldn't notice right away, but as soon as I read about it I noticed it immediately the first day. Would I ever have noticed if I never read about it? Maybe not, but I paid nearly $1,000 for this item and want it to have a good screen.

I recently had to exchange my first iPhone I ever bought (5s) because it would not connect to my Macbook via USB.

What it the return policy at the Apple Store? I know I have 14 days to get a refund, right? But if the product is defective, do I have a year? Obviously I will not wait that long, but I just want to know what my options are. Hopefully I can get a good one next time because I will have to have Verizon activate it every time.

2. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

BOOM!

MR OCD'd :D

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

That's not OCD, don't confuse them.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you are unhappy with the screen, return it. It doesn't matter what the production week of the iPad is, if you aren't happy with the tint of the screen.

No need to make it complicated.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As mentioned, return the iPad if you're unhappy with the display. They cost enough of your hard earned money why settle.

6. TheSwede macrumors regular

man, I see your posts all over the iPad section of the forum, telling people they have OCD which is kinda rude, but I must admit your posts do make me laugh! :D

7. jlusk99 thread starter macrumors member

Yes I will be returning.

I could not decide if I wanted the Air or the Mini and I told the guy at the Apple Store this and he said there would be no problem getting both and returning the one I don't want within 14 days.

I was vaguely aware of the mini screen problems from reading on this forum, but I wasn't aware of the specifics at that point.

After having the Mini a few hours, I began to notice the bottom of the screen was kind of funky, and that's when it clicked in my head that I had remembered reading about some problems on the forum. I came back to the forum and that's when I saw the plethora of the "yellow" posts, which I immediately recognized on my screen. So my original post where I said "would I have ever noticed the yellow screen without the forum" wasn't exactly what I meant. I definitely noticed something funky about the screen (esp. after looking at it outside at night when it was dark) and then remembered all the posts in the forum.

8. brhume, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014

brhume macrumors member

9. J4B3 macrumors regular

J4B3

This is entirely conjecture, but my rMini had a very yellow screen when I first bought it and two weeks later the display was crisp and white. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't bought a second one to compare it against.