My New Music Mix history

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by RaNdOm, Sep 24, 2016.

1. RaNdOm macrumors regular

RaNdOm

Does anyone know how to get a list of the songs that were on the My New Music Mix from previous weeks? There was a song on my mix that I really liked, but kept forgetting to save it to my library and I don't remember the name of song or the artist. I've already looked at some history information, but it's not showing up. I know what the album art looks like, which is what i'm looking for in the history.

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

For You: Recently Played and click on the Playlist.

3. RaNdOm thread starter macrumors regular

RaNdOm

That works if it's in the list from "this week", but it was on a older list before this Friday then it's not listed. Does that make sense? They refresh the list on Fridays.

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Unfortunately that is the only history Apple has. You could create a Smart Playlist using Last Played to keep a list for future reference.

5. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

What I do is if I hear a song I love in the playlists I just go and save the album or just add the song to my Favorite Songs Ever playlist.

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I have a Playlist called "Discovery". Any time I hear a song I'm unfamiliar with that I take a liking to, I quickly add it to that Playlist.

7. RaNdOm thread starter macrumors regular

RaNdOm

I try to do those things as well, but for whatever reason I didn't do that this time. I was just hoping there was a way to see what was on my previous "discovery" playlist from Apple Music.

8. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

That is why using a Smart Playlist solves it.;)

9. RaNdOm thread starter macrumors regular

RaNdOm

Does the Smart Playlist on iTunes sync with the items that I play on my iPhone? While i was looking around for this song over the weekend I did some exploring between the two devices. It didn't seem like my phone knew what i was playing on my computer and my computer didn't know what I was playing on my iPhone, but I could be wrong about that.

I ask because I don't normally listen to music on my computer, but I do if I want to play music to two sets of computer using my AppleTvs, which is only available through iTunes. I think that is kind of a shame and would be a great feature for iOS 11.