MY new posts

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by redsteven, Jul 10, 2011.

1. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

I don't have time to always click on the "New Posts" button and read through everything.

What I DO have time for though, is to look at new posts for threads that I'VE PARTICIPATED IN.

I know there are some work-arounds, like using subscriptions and stuff.... or going to my profile and looking at all threads with posts made by "RedSteven", and seeing which ones have new posts in them.... but that's a very inefficient way to do it.

Especially because if somebody replies in a thread I posted in 2 weeks ago... that will be way, way down in the list and I'll never see it.

I don't want to automatically subscribe to every thread I post in and end up with a subscriptions folder with 400 threads... I just want the forums to automatically be able to give me a list of threads i've participated in that have new posts.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I want to win the lottery! Not happening tho....

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you go to your User CP it only shows the subscribed threads with new posts. If you subscribe to every thread you post in, going to User CP will do what you want.

4. simsaladimbamba

I have "automatic subscription" enabled (email notification disabled) and I go to the subscription page (http://forums.macrumors.com/subscription.php) and then see, what threads have new posts since I last visited them.
    I don't subscribe to any other threads, neither automatically nor manually.
    That works for me quite well and does what you want, unless I am misunderstanding you.

5. redsteven thread starter macrumors 6502a

redsteven

Guess that's an acceptable workaround. Thanks