Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronchow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

My wife is the account holder for my AT&T account, and I asked her to upgrade my broken 3GS to iPhone 4 for me. When I got home last night, I saw a brand new Samsung Focus because the store doesn't have iPhone in stock, and my wife thought I'd like it......

Well, I played with it, honestly it is not bad and has something nice about it, but I miss all the apps that I purchased. So that means my wife has to go to the store again, return the phone and eat up the restocking fee, then go to an Apple Store and upgrade my phone again...

Eallan

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

My wife is the account holder for my AT&T account, and I asked her to upgrade my broken 3GS to iPhone 4 for me. When I got home last night, I saw a brand new Samsung Focus because the store doesn't have iPhone in stock, and my wife thought I'd like it......

Well, I played with it, honestly it is not bad and has something nice about it, but I miss all the apps that I purchased. So that means my wife has to go to the store again, return the phone and eat up the restocking fee, then go to an Apple Store and upgrade my phone again...

Im reading this post on my focus actually. I just bought one off of Craigslist. I also have an N1 and an iPhone 4. Each one has plusses and minuses. The focus screen is great just as the iPhone 4 is. Wp7 is pretty terrific, though obviously a little immature. Notifications are leagues better than IOS right out the gate. The keyboard is great as are some of the games and apps. I go back and forth between all 3 and like stuff about all of them. (My iPhone is jailbroken and if it wasn't I think it would frustrate me most out of all 3.)

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
And why exactly can you not go eat the restocking fee that you invoked because you opened the phone? Why can't you return your own phone? Why can't you go buy your own iPhone?

My father is the primary account holder on our family plan and I can still buy my own phone, I just need some of his account info and to be an authorized user.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010

that's grounds for divorce

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.