My new short about Superman

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by NickFalk, Feb 3, 2008.

1. NickFalk macrumors 6502

NickFalk

Hi there, I just posted my latest project on my blog a few hours ago and any feedback would be welcome. (Not necessarily true, as I prefer the positive kind).

It can be found here.

2. -DH macrumors 65816

From the little of it I was able to see, I think you did an outstanding job. Good graphics and a good mix of VO and music bed. The one problem I could see was that it takes far too long to download ... which is the reason I couldn't see the entire piece. I'd recommend that you play around with the compression settings to see if you can get the download times faster. On my cable modem, it only downloaded roughly 25% in 12 minutes.

-DH

3. NickFalk thread starter macrumors 6502

NickFalk

Thanks for your efforts! I don't think I would have been as patient as you! Perhaps it's due to the server being in Norway. From my ADSL connection it's okay(ish) so I'll see if I can fix a "lighter" version as well...

4. NickFalk thread starter macrumors 6502

NickFalk

OK, as per -DH's suggestion I more than halved the file-size of the quicktime-file. (That H.264 codec is quite impressive). A little definition is lost in the background but I can definitely live with this presentation.

I would appreciate if anyone stateside could please let me know if it is viable to watch this from your side of the Atlantic. Thanking you in advance.

Here it is once more.

5. -DH macrumors 65816

Much better this time! It still took just over 6 minutes to stream, but played smoothly with very good quality.

I was hoping you'd resize it as I was looking forward to watching the rest of it. It's one of the very few clips that get posted here that was worth watching. Damned good job!

-DH

6. NickFalk thread starter macrumors 6502

NickFalk

7. xStep macrumors 68000

That was fun!

Also, it loaded within a few minutes, so I didn't have any problem viewing it.

8. Keebler macrumors 68030

WOW! fantastic job Nick. I really dug it. I'm blasting it out to my Uncle and his buddies who are in their 40s and huge SM fans. great job!

9. NickFalk thread starter macrumors 6502

NickFalk

Thanks a lot guys (or if gals if that is the case). I really appreciate your kind words! A super moral-boost for sure. :)

Oh, and in case anyone cares I've put it up on YouTube as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAI8jQy9JVA