My new Unibody macbook! Review.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ZebraineZ, Jun 7, 2009.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

Hi everyone, I got my unibody macbook on thursday from my dads friend, I don't really know when he bought it but oh well...anyways I just want to say my experience on it.

Honestly this macbook isn't really much different from my old white macbook (october 31, 07) but I still love it alot. The keyboard is really good like any macbook and the backlights are really good for night, it adds alot of sexiness to it.

The design is VERY well done and it feels really nice to use, very light and thin so I have more space in my old macbooks case bag thingy.

My screen model I just check is the 9ca6 or sumtin and I heard this one isn't a good one....idk because this screen seems good but JUST a little washed out, and not that bright even at full brightness, even at night!

The speakers are good and the glass screen is kind of a dead breaker for me because my old whitebooks screen broke from an accident and hopefully, god forbid, in the future if anything fell on the screen the glass protects it :) since replacing a piece of glass won't be as expensive as the whole display.

The thing I literally get ticked off is the trackpad. I hate how I can't rest my thumb or hand on it without it thinking its a 2 touch gesture or the cursor going all over the place. I don't really like how clicking it makes a big noise and just using it really can get a person ticked off. I think it needs a bit getting used to but I think apple should give a sort of update that makes the bottom half of the trackpad less sensitive compared to the top.

Honestly, both the whitebooks now and the unibodies are perfect machines, and really there isn't a difference between the 2, if anything a whitebook would be better because it would put you aside from all the metal and stuff and also when you hold the aluminum macbook its easy to slip out since the metal is really smooth, compared to hard plastic would kind of give you a better grip, like the 2g iphone and the 3g.

Anyways this computer really is great and would love to keep then any PC brick, they can try really hard to match macbooks but the design on macbooks is unmatched and it always has been.

1 thing though, My time machine backup isn't as integrated on my new macbook then it was on my old one, like if I enter time machine, it only shows recent, rather then showing all my backups with there pics and stuff, and getting files from finder is kinda gey, and when I backup my files it backs up the whole 48gigs! Why can't this drive be the same like it was with my old macbok? sigh, hopefully this is a bug or sumtin, anyways waiting for WWDC for snow leopard and iphone os 3.0.

Gnight.

2. Smacky macrumors 6502

They have to replace the whole screen, the glass is bonded to the frame so its no cheaper

3. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

This is what I mean about mac owners being kind of weird. You guys tick off an endess list of defects and stuff that doesn't work right but you always end with, "I love this thing!" or, "It's great!". :D

4. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Sold mine and went for the air I hated the black bezel and yes they have to replace the screen and cover if it ever breaks.

5. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

odd, that's my favorite thing. I don't have any problem with resting any fingers. The only time it thinks I'm two finger scrolling is when I'm two finger scrolling. I doubt there will be an update for it though. It seems that the pad is hinged at the top and that is why it's softer at the bottom.

Maybe it will grow on you.

6. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

Or, even why the need to post a review of a used MacBook. But here we are reading and responding ... ;-)

7. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

the time machine on mine (and i would imagine for everyone else...) just like any standard backup makes the inital large backup and updates any changes made. so i don't see what the problem is.

8. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

no but I thought it would have just backed up whatever changed just like on my old one. Anyways I I was making a whole review about it with the bad an good and comparing in to the whitebook, so it's more of a real review :( maybe I just like computers too much...

9. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

maybe i'm just too tired at the hospital but, my unibody macbook only makes backups that were changed as well. is your not doing that?

10. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope. My HD uses 48gigs, and when I press backup it takes a backup of that and makes a new folder called 'My Computer 2' since my old computer was 'My Computer' . Sigh....

11. Smacky macrumors 6502

Well it is a different computer
    Of course it will make a new backup
    Everything is different

12. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it's kind of inconvenient, and I thought there might have been a way for it to recognize it the same way as my old computer since I RESTORED it from the old computers time machine backup :confused: I have about 380gb left of free space on my external HD and even though it's alot I mean it would be wasting it to backup almost the same, another 40gb. :confused:

13. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

i think thats a tad bit of nitpicking. i mean i understand why you could be a little confused - but, not a reason to be frustrated. be at least thankful that the process is painless overall from transferring from one macbook to another. i think an additional backup (i believe it was influenced behind it being from white macbook to the unibody macbook had some reason behind the need for it to be done) is nothing to lose sleep over.

14. 12991 macrumors member

15. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

...... boo .....

16. bubbagumpshrimp macrumors 6502

hahaha