My new White iPhone 3G (Pics)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by firstapple, Jul 27, 2008.

1. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Well,

I returned my 8GB Black iPhone 3G to AT&T and went to the Apple store to get the 16GB iPhone 3G. I was going for the black one, but they sold out so I got the white one instead. We will see how I feel about it in a week, but I think the white will grow on me more. So far I love it and have no major complaints. The black one was definitely a fingerprint magnet anyways, and it didn't look as nice in pictures.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dr2323 macrumors member

3. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

I cant wait to get my iPhone 3G when i get back to to England!

I really want to get a White iPhone 3G just because its different and i think looks nicer than the black even though i havent seen a white in person yet. I just hope by the time i get home they will have white iPhones in the UK!

BTW nice phone!!!

4. spartan55 macrumors newbie

Is it the lighting or is your apple logo on the back black? Probably lighting.

5. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

just the lighting I guess... I haven't modded anything on it.

6. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

7. bluelondon macrumors regular

i'm not a white fan in general but one thing that was a major point was that i was always going to put a slim case around the iphone, last thing i want is for it to slip out of my hand one of these days and either smash to pieces on the concrete or have a whole bunch of scratches and dents on it, so the white back of the iphone would be pointless for anyone wanting to use a case.

just my 2 dollars

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

i have both, and i think both are nice. so i really don't care if one day i was using white and another day i was using black

9. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

10. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

i bought 2 because i got 1 free.

so i can swap it with the other person in my house that has the white one, because for now im using black.

11. spartan55 macrumors newbie

Yeah, I am looking at the back of my iPhone right now and was wondering.."is something wrong" ha. Glad it's just the lighting.

12. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

How you get one free?

13. Marvin1379 macrumors 6502

i agree with you about the case and "whats the point of the color" but after i ordered my black phone, i thought that if i ever want to take it out of the case, or use on of those translucent cases, the white phone will show better.

i see ur opinion is more than most others'...most people ask for change when i give mine. :rolleyes:

14. aphexii macrumors 6502

Just curious, did the upgrade eligibility immediately return to your account?

I ask because the AT&T store told me it could take upwards of 3 days before I was able to buy a new phone at a subsidized price again.

15. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Yea, I know... I posted there as well, however I wanted to show off my phone in my own thread as well, as I can't answer some people's questions in that thread as it would be off topic.

I returned my iPhone at the AT&T store I bought it from that afternoon. I then went to the Apple store to get the 16GB, but they said I was not eligible for an upgrade (The guy at AT&T told me I would be when I showed up at Apple - he was wrong). So, I had to call the guy at AT&T that told me the wrong thing and he was able to get in the system and reverse my eligibility within a few minutes. After that I was all set!

16. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Get the see clear acryllic hard case.I have one on my white 3g.I like it because you can still see your phone and it's tuff as hell.