My newly added contacts on ip4 won't sync with my iMac...Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FloridaMac, Dec 15, 2010.

1. FloridaMac macrumors regular

I started a thread earlier about this but can't seem to figure it out. All I want to do is get my newly added contacts I entered on my ip4 to sync onto my iMac address book. Every time I try, it ends up erasing the contacts I've put on my ip4 and replacing them with what's already in my address book. It's very annoying. Does this make sense? Can anyone help? Someone has already told me to go into iTunes settings (I have no idea where that is...I don't see it) and select "copy to both" (I can't find that either). TIA.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Do you have MobileMe? G-Mail? Yahoo?

What e-mail do you use? I suggest syncing contacts over the air through your e-mail provider and not using the USB cable and iTunes to do it.

What e-mail do you use?

3. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular

gmail.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Do you have Snow Leopard? I think this was something they added with that, although Leopard might have it.

Check your Apple Address Book preferences and see if you have this option:

[​IMG]

That will sync your Address Book with G-Mail. Wait for that to finish. Now, look in your phone's mail settings. Does your G-mail setting have this option?

[​IMG]

If so, just turn 'Contacts' on.

If yours doesn't look like that then you've set up G-mail some other way. Add G-Mail to your phone AGAIN by following these directions:

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138740&topic=14252

Once you've done that you can erase or disable the 'old' g-mail connection to the phone and just use the new one. This one will have push settings so you need to make sure that push is on if you want it or go set it to 'Fetch' if you don't want that.

At any rate, the end result is that the Mac, the iPhone, and G-Mail online should all be sharing contacts behind the scenes even when you don't plug the phone in anywhere.

5. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I do have all that. I remember seeing it. Thanks a lot...I think I can take it from here.

6. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular

Actually now that I look at it, my gmail setting on my iphone 4 have Mail, Calenders, and Notes. I don't have Contacts showing there.