My NEXT phone is showing as a subsidy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j0sh77, Oct 14, 2014.

1. j0sh77 macrumors member

I ordered my 64gb 6+ as a 2 year originally but when I picked it up at the Apple store he did an immediate return and change to the NEXT plan. I have already seen the 2 year price credited back to my card and charged just the tax like it should be.

Yet att thinks its still on the 2 year contract and doesn't show anything for it being on the NEXT plan when I called. So should I keep it like it is and pay the $40 a month for the service instead of the $35 for the NEXT plan? They also charged me the $40 upgrade fee.

edit: This is my first time using NEXT and I think att is trying to hose me...

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's silly to conclude they're trying to hose you rather than it being a simple clerical error.

3. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Chat with AT&T. They will fix it. They would prefer you on NEXT so it should be an easy fix.

4. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

You need to call AT&T and have them look into it and let them know what happened. I should also as I did purchase the device through NEXT and it extended my contract from what I was seeing on my account unless it was a technical glitch.

5. j0sh77 thread starter macrumors member

wasn't serious on the hosing part, just dislike the hassle and time it takes for getting things corrected.

6. j0sh77 thread starter macrumors member

Both times contacting att they argue saying I bought it with a 2yr agreement and not the next...

I did but it was returned and I have receipts from apple showing it.

7. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

I'm sure faxing those receipts in and that will clear everything up for you.

8. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Sorry to hear that, but you gamed the system as you knew you couldn't reserve an iPhone on Next, and now it's come back to bite you...
    Based on my experience with AT&T, it's always best to keep things simple.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So it's an error stuck in AT&T's system as a result of your gaming the system. Rather than waste your time here, take the receipts to an AT&T's store and have them fix it.

10. j0sh77 thread starter macrumors member

lol gaming the system. You must not have been able to get your 6+ yet. :D

11. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

There are threads of these little schemes where people buy with a 2 year, switch to NEXT and it messes with the purchase price where you are only charged for the taxes for the device from Next.

My iPhone 6 Plus comes in the mail on Friday though! Sticking with NEXT, screw 2 year agreements!

12. alent1234 macrumors 603

13. rossiskiracer91 macrumors member

Same thing happened to me! I went back to apple and they basically told me to take advantage of the situation. The only issue is I want the 6 plus now. The rep told me to sell it, but after running the calculations I'm better off just exchanging it.

14. j0sh77 thread starter macrumors member

Att is getting it fixed now and applying the appropriate credits.