My no Pre-order, no long line iPhone 6 pick up story!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Sep 19, 2014.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I decided to skip the pre-order and trek out on launch today to see if I could get my hands on an iPhone 6. Everyone knows that the lines at the Apple store are brutal but I honestly think people for some reason overlook stopping by their carriers and buying from them.

I talked to my local Verizon store a few times the past could of weeks to get a gauge of how it was going to be there and they literally told me to show up at 8 and I'd be fine so thats what I did. I showed up at 8, waited 30 mins. Got the phone I wanted and was out the door without any issue! They took my iPhone 4 on trade and added the $200 instantly towards my new iPhone 6! No tracking FedEx all day, no delivery date changes, no getting early or waiting all night!

I guess what I'm trying to say is you may be pleasantly surprised if next time you want to get an iPhone on launch day if you just check with your carrier and skip the other hassles.

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Drove by local AT&T and Verizon store today. They both had very little lines. I was surprised.

3. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

4. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

You are correct. The bigger stores that sit in high traffic areas usually get big attention.

Goto the hidden stores and I have usually faired well...

5. dvdchance macrumors regular

Anyone do the same at an AT&T store? I also have an iPhone 4 that I want to trade in.

6. vitacura macrumors regular

7. erzhik macrumors 6502

Most people want to buy directly from apple l, so no surprise there.

8. heartburn macrumors member

I went to T-Mobile about 5 minutes after they opened. There was literally one person there buying a 6 (he might've bought 2-3 actually). They were super quick and helpful with my switch from Verizon, other than the guy signing me up for JUMP without my approval. :rolleyes:

9. Scuba-EMT macrumors regular

Scuba-EMT

Go to Best Buy and do the upgrade, it was painless and they gave me a $250 Store Card, vs AT&T $200 Account Credit...

10. dvdchance macrumors regular

They gave you $250 for a 4? Looking online they say on 100 or 150 for a 4.

11. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

not hard to believe. apple will have the best stock so most people flock to their stores.

I had mine delivered to work. There is an AT&T store literally across the street. I lined up for I don't remember if it was the 4 or 4S. Whichever didn't have pre order, I want to to say 4. Anyway, there like 10-20 mins before opening. was about 5th in line.

Different times, but I didn't see anymore today when I got to work so I doubt it was bad today either.

12. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

I just called the closest Best Buy. It's one of those mobile stores.

Only 16gb left in black. Some larger memories in champagne.

All in 6.

No 6+, not even a display model. I wanted to handle them both.

But they do take trade-ins. I hadn't considered that might be an option OP, thanks for mentioning it.

_

13. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

You got a $250 GC for an iPhone 4???

14. dvdchance macrumors regular

I had asked the same question, neither of us got a reply. Makes me dubious it happened.