Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skratch77

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2013
Oh man this guy just won't give up. I wonder if he works for Fox News. Next thing you know he would try to prove that the 6+ 5.5" screen is bigger than the Note 4 5.7" screen.

It is if you drink 4 shots and hang upside-down and look at it at a 90 degree angle! Its also brighter then too lol

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
I already proved you wrong because my Note II did not experience this. You claim "all suffer from screen burn issues", and they do not. I plan on posting some 4K videos shortly, you should check them out.

Just because YOU didnt experience this doesnt mean it doesnt occur often, just look at in store models of phones with OLED displays vs Smartphones in the store that use LCD for its screen, all the OLED phones displays have bad burn in, screen burn in is a very known common issue with OLED, (its one of OLEDS biggest problems)

I had a Note 2 that had screen burn in aswell, permanent status bar burn in from the black status bar Samsung uses in TouchWiz, and I had only had the device for a year, thats one thing i love about LCD over OLED though, pixels lifetime last much longer on LCD and screen burn in is much less unlikely on LCD and it can also be fixed usually if you do somehow manage to get screen burn in

Actually I am right, because blue subpixels in OLED displays (espcially Pentile pixel layout), blue subpoxels start to fade and dither and lose its maximum efficiency starting at after a mere 2000 hours only! Screen burn in is a quite common issue in OLED displays if you owned the device for over 6 months to a year and more, I have suffered and experienced it on every single Galaxy device that I have owned

Last edited:

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Just because YOU didnt experience this doesnt mean it doesnt occur often, just look at in store models of phones with OLED displays vs Smartphones in the store that use LCD for its screen, all the OLED phones displays have bad burn in, screen burn in is a very known common issue with OLED, (its one of OLEDS biggest problems)

I had a Note 2 that had screen burn in aswell, permanent status bar burn in from the black status bar Samsung uses in TouchWiz, and I had only had the device for a year, thats one thing i love about LCD over OLED though, pixels lifetime last much longer on LCD and screen burn in is much less unlikely on LCD and it can also be fixed usually if you do somehow manage to get screen burn in

Actually I am right, because blue subpixels in OLED displays (espcially Pentile pixel layout), blue subpoxels start to fade and dither and lose its maximum efficiency starting at after a mere 2000 hours only! Screen burn in is a quite common issue in OLED displays if you owned the device for over 6 months to a year and more, I have suffered and experienced it on every single Galaxy device that I have owned

I don't believe you. You will say anything to prove the iPhone 6+ screen is superior. Just deal with the fact that the Note 4 screen is the king of mobile screens at the moment.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
I don't believe you. You will say anything to prove the iPhone 6+ screen is superior. Just deal with the fact that the Note 4 screen is the king of mobile screens at the moment.

I don't care if you believe me but its a very known wide fact in the display industry that OLED's suffer from screen burn in and that it occurs on OLED's way more often then any other screen technology, it wont be the best screen on the market anymore when you have a half inch screen status bar burn in on your OLED panel a year out that is permanent.

The whole point of this thread was highlighting some Plus display advantages over the Note 4 and what I have noticed between both and somehow for some reason some people are mad in here ? I brought up extremely valid points with factual proof to back some of it up, and i also put my opinion in it too and experience

g0df4th3r

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2014
I don't care if you believe me but its a very known wide fact in the display industry that OLED's suffer from screen burn in and that it occurs on OLED's way more often then any other screen technology, it wont be the best screen on the market anymore when you have a half inch screen status bar burn in on your OLED panel a year out that is permanent.

The whole point of this thread was highlighting some Plus display advantages over the Note 4 and what I have noticed between both and somehow for some reason some people are mad in here ? I brought up extremely valid points with factual proof to back some of it up, and i also put my opinion in it too and experience

The point of this thread is you got hurt from the other thread, just like what jamezr said:D. It's ok your 6+ plus has a better touch ID. You know what, to make you feel better why don't you come back to this thread in 6 mos or a year. Then check if people are complaining about screen burn in. For now just let it go.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
The point of this thread is you got hurt from the other thread, just like what jamezr said:D. It's ok your 6+ plus has a better touch ID. You know what, to make you feel better why don't you come back to this thread in 6 mos or a year. Then check if people are complaining about screen burn in. For now just let it go.

Hurt from what? Hurt from a post ? Not quite....you got to be pretty unmanly to get hurt from a online post...which a few here seemed to be bothered and pissed off for some reason lol... already do see complaints from devices that launched this year with OLED panels lol, this is just simply what I have experienced using both and both advantages and disadvantages of both and what Appeals to me more, just because I used the same title flip flooped from another post, then I bring up super valid points backed up, and it isnt or cant really be disputed tied with my own opinion and experience of both and this is what I came to. i was a little jealous of the Plus display even though it is my Plus (at the time was letting bro borrow for a week because he was deciding on whether to return Note 4 or keep it)

The better color viewing angles and less screen reflectancy and not having to worry about screen burn in issues with a OLED display makes the Plus better to me, also I like the brighter screen on the Plus then the Note 4 (Note 4 can only go super bright in sunlight, otherwise its brightness/nits is well below the Plus's maximum brightness, and the best part is that I can still have maximum brightness on my display without having to use auto brightness)now this is my opinion, but I stand with it

Last edited:

skratch77

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2013
Super fan boy up in hear!!!

Ps my gs5 is 90% of the time less then half brightness and hurts my eyes using it so I don't know how bright you like your iPhone but most people don't run there phones max brightness.

I only use auto mode when I'm out for a run and use my cell for music. Any other time less then half brightness is more then enough.

Pss I thought the note 4 was brighter anyways so what's the point?

Using auto brightness takes one second and is many times easier then adjusting the screen brightness on iOS so again stop trying to find little stupid things to better the iPhone display when in fact the auto brightness can be set in 2 seconds and never have to be touched again.EVER!

I also have never had screen burn in and even if I did it would not bother me since I get a new cell every year.

Gs3,gs4,gs5 and will mostly get the gs6 next spring :)

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Past logic now. He is repeating the same BS over and over, while ignoring legitimate rebuttals.

This guy's arguments...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415656775174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415656775174.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 88

nickchallis92

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2012
London
I actually did experience burn in on my Galaxy S1 (that screen at the time was an absolute beauty).

My S2, S3 and Note 3 have managed to avoid it.

No question about it, the Note 4's screen is superior in almost everyway. Not surprising, that is Samsung's speciality.

swy05

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2008

My S2, S3, and Note 3 have never experienced any burn in.

Seriously, stop it.

You're acting like a child now.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Past logic now. He is repeating the same BS over and over, while ignoring legitimate rebuttals.

This guy's arguments...

I have brought up very valid points to my opinion that is actually backed by DisplayMate on some points I made, and no one seems to be able to dispute that, it is widely known OLED's have issues with screen burn in and pixel life, it is dramatically shorter then other screen technologies pixel life.

----------

My S2, S3, and Note 3 have never experienced any burn in.

Seriously, stop it.

You're acting like a child now.

How is bringing up a common issue and core main issue with OLED production today and talking about screen burn in on OLED being childish? It is a very valid point and your childish mad like response is clue to your immaturity right now, it has happened to me and many others, DisplayMate even acknowledges this

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I have brought up very valid points to my opinion that is actually backed by DisplayMate on some points I made, and no one seems to be able to dispute that, it is widely known OLED's have issues with screen burn in and pixel life, it is dramatically shorter then other screen technologies pixel life
Just stop! There are several who have said they haven't had those issues so it isn't common. Has it happened? I guess but I don't know anybody that has said that and it didn't happen to me.
How long do you keep your phones? The GS3 is still going with fine pixels and no burn in for 2.5 years. Its my Sons phone now but most don't keep them after two years. Many less than that.
How are your points more valid than those who have not had that happen? Apparently it isn't as common as you think it is.

Last edited:

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
I have brought up very valid points to my opinion that is actually backed by DisplayMate on some points I made, and no one seems to be able to dispute that, it is widely known OLED's have issues with screen burn in and pixel life, it is dramatically shorter then other screen technologies pixel life.

----------

How is bringing up a common issue and core main issue with OLED production today and talking about screen burn in on OLED being childish? It is a very valid point and your childish mad like response is clue to your immaturity right now, it has happened to me and many others, DisplayMate even acknowledges this

People don't keep there phones long enough for pixel life and burn in problems.

Oled is the future of consumer tvs...so your concerns have largely been eliminated with new advances. Repeating the same, arguments and ignoring other people's counters is childlike...not to mention making up fake problems.

The iPhone has its own problems, and it's display isn't perfect. Yellow screen on some phones, dead pixels, light bleed....yeah...problems. Not to mention the bending problem.

Sorry, but blind faith in a product isn't an asset. The pros of the note 4 negate the cons.

One can even argue that the Galaxy tab s series has a better display than the air 2.... Yet I use the air 2 because at this point in time I believe it is superior product.

The need to be ridiculous and ignorantly defend a product on an online forum is sign of insecurity....if you knew your phone was the best, beyond a doubt, you wouldn't be acting as you are.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Hurt from what? Hurt from a post ? Not quite....you got to be pretty unmanly to get hurt from a online post...which a few here seemed to be bothered and pissed off for some reason lol... already do see complaints from devices that launched this year with OLED panels lol, this is just simply what I have experienced using both and both advantages and disadvantages of both and what Appeals to me more, just because I used the same title flip flooped from another post, then I bring up super valid points backed up, and it isnt or cant really be disputed tied with my own opinion and experience of both and this is what I came to. i was a little jealous of the Plus display even though it is my Plus (at the time was letting bro borrow for a week because he was deciding on whether to return Note 4 or keep it)

The better color viewing angles and less screen reflectancy and not having to worry about screen burn in issues with a OLED display makes the Plus better to me, also I like the brighter screen on the Plus then the Note 4 (Note 4 can only go super bright in sunlight, otherwise its brightness/nits is well below the Plus's maximum brightness, and the best part is that I can still have maximum brightness on my display without having to use auto brightness)now this is my opinion, but I stand with it

Why do you keep saying the ip6 is brighter? The Note 4 goes to 750 nits. I'm also calling BS on the burn in, having had 3 of the note series for close to a year each none of them had the slightest sign of burn in.

Why don't you just enjoy your ip6? It's a great device with a beautiful screen.

----------

This guy's arguments...

Lol, wow that's exactly how I pictured the OP, weird.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
People don't keep there phones long enough for pixel life and burn in problems.

Oled is the future of consumer tvs...so your concerns have largely been eliminated with new advances. Repeating the same, arguments and ignoring other people's counters is childlike...not to mention making up fake problems.

The iPhone has its own problems, and it's display isn't perfect. Yellow screen on some phones, dead pixels, light bleed....yeah...problems. Not to mention the bending problem.

Sorry, but blind faith in a product isn't an asset. The pros of the note 4 negate the cons.

One can even argue that the Galaxy tab s series has a better display than the air 2.... Yet I use the air 2 because at this point in time I believe it is superior product.

The need to be ridiculous and ignorantly defend a product on an online forum is sign of insecurity....if you knew your phone was the best, beyond a doubt, you wouldn't be acting as you are.

Well gee sorry pal I know your able to probably afford a new smartphone every 6 months to a year but alot of people dont infact upgrade every year and that is where it starts to burn in bad, Its a known complaint and issue with OLED, which is why Samsung is now pushing back their OLED plans for Consumer TV's and is going to focus on Quantum Dots for consumer tv's for now. Your post in it self is very ignorant, not everyone upgrades every year or has the money to upgrade every single year that is just rubbish.

Talk about Note 4 display issues too (dim displays, black blotches on black screen, and some othee complaints ) if your gonna mention some imperfect products, im talking about the technology in itself, I never said the Note 4 display is bad at all, I simply stated my reasons on why I like the Plus display better and some advantages it has that I like over the Note 4 that makes me like the Plus better, BACKED by DisplayMate too with the advantages I mentioned, and its merely my opinion backed with a little scientifc measurements in the advantages I mentioned, and now it seems like alot of people are upset for no reason at all, YES the Note 4 display can go brighter then the Plus , BUT Only with auto-brightness, if you put it 100% on the brightness scale the maximum nits is a little bit below 450 nits, well below the 560 nits for the Plus brightness, (auto brightness working at 750 nits (maximum brightness for note 4 only in bright conditions) and I like to have my display nice and bright all the time , past 50% and sometimes close to 100% when I am watching videos, I like that super bright display, that is exactly what I Am talking about,

If I am in a dark room/semi dark room, or anywhere for that matter, I like to have my video content nice and bright (i watch Alot of videos on the go) and auto brightness on the Note 4 only allows for 750 nits on the Note 4 display in only really bright conditions (why do you think that you cant turn the brightness up past 450 nits or so on the Note 4 with the brightness slider, its because its a preventative measure to preserve the OLED display from burning out because a OLED panel at full brightness for long is not what you want at all)

Talk about insecure posters in this thread haha... i highlighted the advanages the Plus has over the Note 4 with information from DisplayMate and why I prefer these advantages and then you have rampant fanboys in here going "oh he is just saying the same stuff over and over, DisplayMate says this, your ignorant " meanwhile i am citing from DisplayMate lol...

Talk about dedicated on the spot Android fanboys that lurk this section of Macrumors trying to alter my opinion and preference with citations and information backed by DisplayMate that does talk about the advantages I prefer of the Plus over the Note 4 and we have everyone in here crying saying "note 4 display is the best, get over it" when in reality the Plus display and Note 4 display go toe to toe in alot of ways and trade blows with LCD advantages over OLED , and OLED advantages over LCD, Both are top tier technologies and cutting edge mobile screen technoligies that you can get in a mobile device right now, both are cream of the crop and at the top

And I actually have happened to have owned a few Android devices and have used them extensively, aswell for iOS and its devices too.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I've owned S1, S2, S3, S4, Note 3, S5 and now have the Note 4 and a tab 10.5 s.

My S2 had really light burn on the lower screen where the launcher was. Very faint, so faint that the person who purchased it didn't bat an eyelid, after I demonstrated it.

I still have the S1, S3. No screen burn, no black crush.

So yeah, omled is susceptible to burn but it's not as common as some are making it.

Not as common as yellow screen tint and uniformity seen on LED panels of the iPhones.

There plenty of threads here with many experiencing panel flaws on iPhones.

I know my comments are anecdotal but I'm the only person I know who has had screen burn on an omled.
I know many with omled phones older than two years.

This is being blown out of proportion IMO.

Last edited:

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
If I am in a dark room/semi dark room, or anywhere for that matter, I like to have my video content nice and bright (i watch Alot of videos on the go) and auto brightness on the Note 4 only allows for 750 nits on the Note 4 display in only really bright conditions (why do you think that you cant turn the brightness up past 450 nits or so on the Note 4 with the brightness slider, its because its a preventative measure to preserve the OLED display from burning out because a OLED panel at full brightness for long is not what you want at all)

The 450+ nits on Note 4 is plenty brighter and better than the same 500+ on 6plus. Why? Because it is amoled. At full brightness watching video, the 6plus will look plenty washed out with black looking extremely gray (degradation of contrast) whereas the amoled will still retain its infinite contrast ratio.

btw: I think you may already be semi-blind if you feel OK watching video in the dark at full brightness on your 6plus....hmmm talking about blindness.. I wonder if... :rolleyes:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
We seem to be repeating ourselves at this point - closing.

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Well gee sorry pal I know your able to probably afford a new smartphone every 6 months to a year but alot of people dont infact upgrade every year and that is where it starts to burn in bad, Its a known complaint and issue with OLED, which is why Samsung is now pushing back their OLED plans for Consumer TV's and is going to focus on Quantum Dots for consumer tv's for now. Your post in it self is very ignorant, not everyone upgrades every year or has the money to upgrade every single year that is just rubbish.

Talk about Note 4 display issues too (dim displays, black blotches on black screen, and some othee complaints ) if your gonna mention some imperfect products, im talking about the technology in itself, I never said the Note 4 display is bad at all, I simply stated my reasons on why I like the Plus display better and some advantages it has that I like over the Note 4 that makes me like the Plus better, BACKED by DisplayMate too with the advantages I mentioned, and its merely my opinion backed with a little scientifc measurements in the advantages I mentioned, and now it seems like alot of people are upset for no reason at all, YES the Note 4 display can go brighter then the Plus , BUT Only with auto-brightness, if you put it 100% on the brightness scale the maximum nits is a little bit below 450 nits, well below the 560 nits for the Plus brightness, (auto brightness working at 750 nits (maximum brightness for note 4 only in bright conditions) and I like to have my display nice and bright all the time , past 50% and sometimes close to 100% when I am watching videos, I like that super bright display, that is exactly what I Am talking about,

Talk about insecure posters in this thread haha... i highlighted the advanages the Plus has over the Note 4 with information from DisplayMate and why I prefer these advantages and then you have rampant fanboys in here going "oh he is just saying the same stuff over and over, DisplayMate says this, your ignorant " meanwhile i am citing from DisplayMate lol...

Talk about dedicated on the spot Android fanboys that lurk this section of Macrumors trying to alter my opinion and preference with citations and information backed by DisplayMate that does talk about the advantages I prefer of the Plus over the Note 4 and we have everyone in here crying saying "note 4 display is the best, get over it" when in reality the Plus display and Note 4 display go toe to toe in alot of ways and trade blows with LCD advantages over OLED , and OLED advantages over LCD, Both are top tier technologies and cutting edge mobile screen technoligies that you can get in a mobile device right now, both are cream of the crop and at the top

And I actually have happened to have owned a few Android devices and have used them extensively, aswell for iOS and its devices too.

Stopped reading your post two sentences in, you have made my point.

People keep there phones 2-3 years...and the oled phones have no problem lasting that long. Maybe if you actually read the post....you would understand what people are saying.

You are just proving my point. No sense debating with someone who isn't looking to actually discuss a subject. People will stop taking you serious....this goes behind being a blind fanboy....

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
The 450+ nits on Note 4 is plenty brighter and better than the same 500+ on 6plus. Why? Because it is amoled. At full brightness watching video, the 6plus will look plenty washed out with black looking extremely gray (degradation of contrast) whereas the amoled will still retain its infinite contrast ratio.

btw: I think you may already be semi-blind if you feel OK watching video in the dark at full brightness on your 6plus....hmmm talking about blindness.. I wonder if... :rolleyes:

Next to each other the Note 4 seems a bit brighter to me, the colors are certainly more vibrant on the Note 4, but I prefer the more cartoony colors anyhow as opposed to the blade runner muted colors of Apple's phones. Once again both screens are beautiful and it's not a big difference.

But once my convertible top goes down, all bets are off. The Note 4 TROUNCES the iPhone 6 just in the fact that I can clearly see my display. This translates to just every day sunlight/daylight viewing, call me crazy but being able to see your phone in the daytime is important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.