My Number Won't Display During Call-Back.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by StaggerLee, Feb 9, 2012.

1. StaggerLee macrumors newbie

Hi, my Iphone 4s will show my number as blocked when I call someone back while listening to message bank. I've called my provider and they said it was not a setting on their end and must be a setting on my Iphone.
    Of course I have my number display unblocked in the Iphone settings and have done a reset.
    I would do a hard reset but I don't want to lose my call history etc.

2. normanbates macrumors regular

Is it when you choose the 'press (number) to return call' or when you have listened to the message, hung up and dialled the number?

If its the first one then I suspect it'll be the network side, if it's the latter then ther is ate possibly a bug in your iOS easiest thing to do is pop your sim into a different handset (try a non iOS device, preferably a 'non-smartphone') and try the replicate the problem. If it carries on in the alternate handset and your network are definitely saying it isn't them then it's more than likely that your SIM is faulty, however if the problem is eliminated it is definitely your iPhone

3. StaggerLee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Norman,
    I've tried that and the problem is with the provider. I found my daughter'r phone has the same issue. I've called them twice and they still haven't fixed it.