My Observations (Hidden Feature?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nocturnal-G, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Nocturnal-G macrumors newbie

Mar 18, 2012
    I preordered the 6S and have been using it since last Friday. I ended up preordering a 6S 16GB, that phone came out of Pegatron in Shanghai... Serial started with a F4. It was perfect in ever sense for those of you with OCD, just as myself. I figured 16GB would be plenty as it always has been. However I noticed Spotify nearly tripled in space, growing to nearly 420 mb. I returned that phone and picked up a 64GB... I deleted all the apps Apple puts on it and noticed that the phone takes up more storage on default regardless. My 16GB came with 10-11 GB as free space. The 64GB came with 52-53. 6GB vs 11GB... No idea where the space went?

The 64GB is from the C7 factory... Slightly loose home button, speaker isn't as clear as my first (there is distortion when put on full volume receiving texts, however is fine when lowered by one click), the OS seems to flicker in iMessage and isn't as smooth as the 16GB.

This is hands down the best phone Apple has put out since the 4S. I've owned the 3G, 4S, 5, and now the 6S. I skipped the 5S and 6 mainly because of quality control/trust issues. My 5 was the biggest POS, came with scratches all over the frame, and the camera decided to turn purple and completely stop working outside the warranty period. Well anyways, fast forward to the 6S. Everything is GREAT, except for the QC issues on my 64GB. Apple needs to stop playing around, not introducing a 32GB was a BAD MOVE on their part. Everything else is flawless... The megapixel thing was kind of stupid too.

Some tips for Apple:
    - Use 1 supplier for each component... PERFERABLY Apple themselves. Investing in yourself is NEVER a bad thing. Why pay someone else when you can do it yourself? This alone would cut down QC issues.

- Invest in robots.

And as far as that hidden feature I was wondering about... When you double tap the home button without actual pressing it, it brings the screen down a bit. Can't figure out what it's for? I did notice some people complaining about a shift in colors/screen issues... I think it's that background that pops up they are seeing.

Well enough nitpicking, ranting, praising. The 6S has Apple back on track... I wish they would slow down and take their time with these phones. Perhaps a new phone every 2 years, get rid of the S models and do the number models right the first time.

I see light at the end of the tunnel though...

Edit: And stop making the screens bigger. 4.0-4.5 inch screen would be perfect. Using 2 hands is a PITA.
  2. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

Mar 1, 2011
    How do you delete the apps that Apple puts on it?

Your "only one supplier" reminds of... hmm... well, eggs and baskets and such.

The double tap bringing down the screen is to make one handed usage easier.
  3. gtmac macrumors 6502a

Jun 25, 2010
    The double tap isn't a hidden feature it's a documented feature to make it easier to press the top buttons for people with small hands, the 6+ or just don't like stretching their thumb all the way to the top of the screen.

Also while different quality in components is unacceptable Apple doesn't want to have a single point of failure in their manufacturing line not bare the risk nit cost of self manufacturing.
  4. Nocturnal-G thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 18, 2012
    On my 64GB, I had extra stuff like iMovie, Pages, etc. I deleted them like any other app.

One supplier reminds of who? Sorry I'm not as up to date.

And thanks for the explanation on the "hidden feature". :)
  5. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

Mar 1, 2011
    Oh, I thought you found a way to delete the useless stuff like Tips and Stocks. Not the useful stuff.
  6. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Jun 29, 2012
    Colorado Springs USA for now
    I bet Tim is trying to PM you right now to offer you a 7 figure salary and a corner office in the new spaceship......oh wait.......

ummmmm the "hidden" feature is actually a pretty well known "not so hidden" feature..... thanks for finding it for us all again though... some may have forgotten (it's so tiny elf handed people can reach the "top" of the screen). You can upgrade any time you want, no need for apple to change their update schedule......As far as larger screens they are here to stay.... I only hope they make the plus bigger.... I have no problem using the 6s+ one handed.... no tiny elf hands here.