My obsessive shipping question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vertigo50, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

So my phone is coming Friday via UPS. The problem is that UPS often shows up around 6pm or so, very late in the day. I will have to leave the house around that time, so that could be a problem.

On the other hand, there have been times when they have shown up fairly early, like 9 or 10 am. It's a little hard to predict.

My other option is to have the package held for Will Call at the customer center, but then I can't pick it up until 1pm.

So do I take a chance that I might get it several hours earlier, but also the risk that it comes later, or would you go pick it up at 1pm when it is guaranteed?

See, I told you it was obsessive. :D

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I want to punch your avatar in the face. Repeatedly.

3. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

If that's the case, hold for pickup at the UPS store. That way you know when you'll be able to pick it up.

4. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

It's scientifically proven that UPS/FedEx come at the least convenient time. If you wait home all morning and afternoon and leave at 5:30PM, they will come at 5:30-6. If you stay home all day but go to the bathroom at 9:38, you will get outside to see a delivery attempt note on your door. No matter what you do, you will miss it :p

5. davefromca macrumors 6502

Feel lucky you have the hold for pick up option...and use it

6. ptsube macrumors 6502

If it is an overnight package then it will most likely be delivered in the morning after the driver delivers the overnight business packages. Overnight packages are usually on a different truck than your normal ground packages and delivered by a different driver than your normal guy.

If you aren't signed up for UPS My Choice, do so. It will give you an estimated delivery window. If you don't like that window you can pay to have it delivered at a different time, or to a UPS store, or hold for pickup.

7. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Very helpful. Thanks.

----------

Okay, that actually sounds like what I've experienced. When I order from Amazon it's always ground, and pretty much always shows up at 6pm. With iPhones, they often show up much earlier in the day.

I'm signed up for My Choice, but when would I receive the estimated delivery window? The night before? How late is too late to have it held for Will Call do you think?

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Another option is to presign for it via the Apple.com form. If it doesn't come by 6, put it on the door.