Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DigitalPlay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Seoul, South Korea
:eek: Octopuses, whales and sharks, OH MY!!

My Ocean:
Yes you guessed it. In honor of all you Aquarium junkies and Fish lovers out there Digital Play is proud to bring you "MY OCEAN"!!(Hey, so you watched "The Little Mermaid" so many times you memorized it by heart. I'm not making any judgements and no one else has to know.)

Here's a great time to plug our nifty Website, complete with our videos and links to our Facebook and Twitter pages:
http://myocean.digiple.com/

Release Date and Supported Platforms:
We are planning a Worldwide beta in August and our initial release in September of this year.
iOS: You can play My Ocean on the Iphone(3GS or better), Ipodtouch (3rd Generation or better) or Ipad.
Android: You can also play on any Android phone or device, including their tablet PC (OS will need to be Froyo or better)..

Here's a link to our first video on YouTube featuring "Fish Romance" aka breeding fish:

DIGITAL PLAY-WHO WE ARE:
Based out of Seoul, South Korea, We here at Digital Play have been cooking up just what you need. Our mad developers have been locked up in their containment tanks, producing the best in Graphics, Game Mechanics and Social Gaming all set in the undersea world of Aquariums and Oceans.

We figured that farm animals, zoo animals and frogs have been done to death. How about a game with realistic graphics that lets you live out your Aquarium and Ocean fantasies (no, no, there are no mermaids, this isn't THAT kind of game!).

Here's a whiff of what we've been cooking up:

0. Zero? Anyway...can you say ALL HD GRAPHICS? What about REALISTIC ANIMATIONS? OH YES! :)
1. Raising and Breeding: Start out raising and breeding a wide variety of fish and later all kinds of sea creatures, including sea horses, sharks, octopuses, whales eventually dolphins and turtles.

2. Build Your Collection: Raise these creatures in a tanks ranging from small to huge, breeding new animals to sell, give to friends as gifts and building a complete and diverse collection that you can show off to your friends.

3. Social Gaming: Share your success with your friends either by boasting about how awesome you are and how much they suck (Okay, that isn't nice, but it's SOOO FUN!) or you can be cool and give your friends fishy gifts of rare sea creatures and help them by cleaning their tanks or feeding their fish. Don't you feel better about yourself now?

4. Bigger and Better: Next, you can release your creatures into your very own OCEAN! or more accurately......."MY OCEAN". Okay, okay, you saw that one coming, but seriously you can have your very own Ocean stocked with any sea creatures you want. Yeah are you thinking what I'm thinking? SHARK OCEAN!

5. Create and Decorate: Last but not least we allow you to fully decorate ALL your fish tanks up to and including your own undersea world with various themes. Stick with the traditional seascapes of coral reefs or go for a touch of mystery with sunken ships, crashed planes, lost cities or even alien spaceships. The possibilities are endless.

Thanks guys, Drop me a line:
I'll leave you guys with that for now. If you guys have any feed back drop a line here or hit me up on Twitter or Facebook (you can access those on our website I posted further up next to the references to the mermaid with the great set of shells.)

-Nick the Digital Play Support Guy.
Facebook: Look up "MYOCEANGAME"
Twitter: @MyOceanGame
You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEquUUrbuDs

DigitalPlay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Seoul, South Korea
Fishy Interactions

Hey guys!

Here is a bit of information about the various ways you can interact with your fish and sea creatures. Also I will let you guys know more as we get closer to the Beta Test in August.

Fish Interactions in My Ocean:

1. Feeding: Of course you can feed your fish
2. Breeding: When you have two fish of the same type who are both fully mature and fully happy you can have them breed.
3. Happiness: When you click on a fish to check it's information it's happiness rating will naturally increase.
4. Buy, Sell and Gift: You can buy fish, sell fish and give fish as gifts to your friends.
5. Moving fish around: You can move fish from one type of tank to another tank (you can have perhaps a dozen different tanks as well as your own Ocean.
6. Decorations for fish: You can buy some decorations that certain fish will interact with. For instance the Clown fish will hang out in the Sea Anemone.
7. Glow in the Dark:Currently we have one creature, a jelly fish, that glows in the dark. You can go into the light settings and turn off the light to see your jelly fish moving around in the dark (It's pretty cool). Plus you can change the lighting by adding different light filters or brightening or darkening the tank.
8. Calling your fish: You can hold your finger down and gradually all the fish will come to your finger.
9. Taking your fish for a walk: Once you have called your fish by holding your finger down you can drag your finger and the fish will follow your finger around the tank.
10. Keeping track of fish: If you want to look at individual fish you can hunt them down and click on them, but sometimes it's hard to find the exact fish you want so you can hit a fish icon that will bring up a menu that shows all your fish in that tank along with their maturity and happiness scores.
11. Shaking things up: You can eventually buy creatures like snails or starfish. They will crawl up the sides of the tank. You can shake them off by shaking your device and they will fall off and slowly drift back to the bottom of the tank.
12. Photo Op: Once you become really attached to your fish you can take photos of them and use them as a wallpaper background for your computer. :D

Speaking of photos, I will post some photos by the end of the week. :)

Thanks guys.
Nick at Digital Play

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.