My old iMac G5 is printing really small...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by mini5974, Dec 9, 2008.

1. mini5974 macrumors newbie

I have decided to use my old desktop iMac G5 in my office just for mailing things out (I work from the home and my office is in the basement-easier to leave the iMac down there and leave my MacBook Pro upstairs)...Problem is, I'm using the printer that got with the MacBook down there (ip4300) and, good news is is that it's printing, BUT...the print is really small...

2. mini5974 thread starter macrumors newbie

...didn't get to finish what I was saying....

I have tried everything and I can't seem to get the printer to print in normal size font...

Any suggestions? It's driving me CRAZY!

Thanks!!!!
    ~Mini5974

3. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

What type of printer is it?

Does it support PostScript or come with an emulated PS driver?

4. mini5974 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. mini5974 thread starter macrumors newbie

It shows up as normal in the Print Preview, but then prints up really small....

6. Leeny182 macrumors newbie

Same problem with my Macbook

I have the same problem and I have a Canon MP500. Even when I put my printer to magnify it still comes out the same. When I change the printing magnification in Office or Pages it comes out larger print but only prints the same portion on the paper and everything else is cut off.

My bro has newer Macbook and his prints just fine but he has leopard on his so maybe thats it? I had leopard but downgraded when I did an erase and rewrite.

Anyone know how to fix this?

7. mrmrfy macrumors newbie

Really small print on the MAC

I have this really small print issue, it's not a font selection or a scaling issue or anything of the kind just some form of print driver error, that on my MAC seems to be tied to the use of MS Office,

ANYWAY THE WORK AROUND:

When printing and getting the really small print, if you have it you know what I mean(the whole doc is scaled and centered on the page at about 10% actual) DO NOT JUST PRINT:
    Use the print preview from the application text menu.
    Then when you print from the applications print preview select the print preview option AGAIN, yes AGAIN this gets you to the MAC print preview application
    Then you finally print from here and VIOLA it works like it should of in the first place.
    HAPPY PRINTING AGAIN:)