My old iPhone 4 always reboots : please help me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingmax, Jul 21, 2017.

1. kingmax macrumors newbie

Hello to everybody, hope someone may help me please.

My old but lovely iPhone 4 16gb IPhone keep on rebooting every time I try to unlock the desktop image after switching it on.

This is what happens : I switch it on, then like always the first desktop appears with the bar to unlock in the bottom of the display.

But everytime I slide the bar to unlock the phone it reboots itself and the logo of the Apple appears in the middle of the black display.

I tried to connect the phone with ITunes to my windows pc but nothing, it doesn't. Work and cannot be recognized by iTunes.

I tried several Times to reboot it but Nothing to do, it always reboots but then cannot do anything.

I looked for some solutions in internet, and found the software Dr. Fone which they said it could repair the Operating system of the IPhone. Unfortunately the trial software doesn't repair anything and in order to. Make it work I should pay about 60 euros to buy this Windows Software. So I didn't buy it, even because I'm not sure if it really works.

Please, anyone may please help me in solving my problem? Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my English if it's not so good.

Best regards to everybody and hope someone may help me, thank you.

Alberto

My email is : giacomini.alberto@gmail.com

[​IMG]

2. Ugi macrumors regular

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

Have in mind that you'll need to get the latest available firmware for your iPhone what will lead to your device getting slow. I don't know what else can rescue your device

Might be time to upgrade.

3. kingmax thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot Ugi.
    I've already upgraded, but still I like to keep my old iPhone 4 just when I go out and ride with my bicycle.
    The software is updated and the most updated it was possible to install for this phone.
    The problem is that I cannot do anything because it keeps on rebooting

4. Ugi macrumors regular

You can get it into dfu mode when the lockscreen shows up. Just read what's written on the page. Then start iTunes and kill everything what's on it with a clean install. This is everything you can do. If that does not work, then it's time to say good bye

5. kingmax thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks.
    I tried to put in dfu mode. Without success.
    So I will bury it in my garden I think ;)
    Grazie

6. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

Are you sure your data cable works? Try plugging it into a different USB port.

7. kingmax thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you.
    Yes. It works but the iPhone always keeps on rebooting

8. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

Like what everyone else said your only way you are going to be able to fix this is if you have a working cable and can do a dfu restore. If one computer won't detect it try another... if one cable won't work try another.

I have never heard of a case of an iPhone that turns on not to have been detected in dfu mode, you could be the first but I doubt it!

Good luck getting it sorted.

9. kingmax thread starter macrumors newbie

Now it's in dfu mode :do I have to update or restore?

10. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

11. kingmax thread starter macrumors newbie

I've configured the iPhone as a new IPhone. I've lost everything I had, pictures, apps of the jailbreak but I'm so happy it works again ;)) really thanks a lot for your help [​IMG]

12. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

I am glad you got it sorted, you should have been able to get your photos back from iCloud or an iTunes backup. If you don't have ether of those then your pics will be gone.

Sync with your computer every now and them so you won't loose any new pics in the future.

13. Ugi macrumors regular

Nice bro. Sorry for your data loss but there wasn't any other known workaround.

14. kingmax thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Ugi.
    Yes, I lost everything inside it.
    I did several back ups but the problem is that recently my pc crashed and had to format it and install a new operating system, windows 10 so maybe for this reason I cannot anymore restore anything from the past back ups :(
    Do you think there's really no possibility to restore at least pictures and some apps?
    Thanks a lot again

15. Ugi macrumors regular

16. kingmax thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you
    I'm not sure I did a back up on ITunes. How may I check it please?

17. Ugi macrumors regular

Im Talking about iCloud Not iTunes. Go into settings, then iCloud then look how your iCloud storage is used. If there's an entry for backup with some gigabytes then you might have an uptodate Backup on iCloud.
    Then you will need to kill your phone again and set it up. Then chose to use your iCloud backup.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 23, 2017 ---
    And if you want to check whether you have a backup on your computer, just connect your phone and start iTunes. Then look for the backups entry and restore panel in iTunes. If it says something like last backup and a date you also have an backup on your Computer. Considering you killed your pc some time ago I wouldn't say that you'll find a backup via iTunes

18. kingmax thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot again.
    One more question please: in my iPhone 4 I installed the App "Msecure" in which I saved all my passwords. I often did some backups of this App sending the file to my email.
    Now I wanted to install again this app but in the store I cannot download it because it requires ios 9 or later, so with my ios 7 it's impossible to proceed.
    How can I download a previous version of this App Msecure in order to be able to install with my ios 7?
    Thanks a lot again everybody, you have been so kind

19. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

Are you using the same Apple ID you were using before? Usually they will let you download that last version of the app for your supported iOS if you use the same Apple ID.
    Sometimes you won't be able to download it though.

20. kingmax thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I'm using the same Apple ID I used before :(

21. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

Do you have the old version in your iTunes library?

22. kingmax thread starter macrumors newbie

No Robotica, I've downloaded and installed the latest available. Thanks

23. Volgin Suspended

Volgin

Faulty battery perhaps. I've seen that be the cause for rebooting iPods.

24. kingmax thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Volgin.
    No, the battery is perfect.
    Do I have to do a jailbreak maybe? Do you think I can resolve the problem doing a jailbreak? Thank you a lot again

25. Volgin Suspended

Volgin

Jailbreak will do nothing. How do you know the battery is perfect?