My One Regret

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LVActor, Jul 13, 2008.

1. LVActor macrumors newbie

Listening to the AT&T rep.

I had planned on getting a 16 gig iPhone and had just enough on 3 different credit cards to do so. When I got to the AT&T Rep, he asked if I was going to purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan (which I planned on buying next month). Asking if there were any time frame to buy it (my Sprint Fusic insurance had to be bought within 30 days of purchase), clerk told me it had to be purchased at the same time the phone was bought. So I got the plan and an 8 gig.

After opening the phone and activating it, I found out that I have 1 YEAR to purchase the plan. Since I didn't open the Applecare Plan box, it's going back on Tuesday and I'm going to try to exchange the 8 gig for the 16 if they have any left.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

If you knew the answer, (which is obvious with pretty much every warranty on the planet) why did you listen to him?

Tell him what you know, and if he disagrees, have him get the manager.

3. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and assume that 2 credit cards were used to combine the cost of the phone + applecare, while the other was to pay the deposit for the credit check which you surely failed?

4. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Honestly on the iPhone i don't see a point to getting applecare.

I just got my 1st gen iphone swapped out because it was having a few issues with no fuss at the Apple Store.

My advice, it's a waste unless your buying a macbook pro or something that they wouldn't swap without it.

5. MV ROB macrumors member

I used my American Express to take advantage of their warranty extension of one year. Bought two 16GB (one of each color) for me and the girlfriend. Of course mine will be paid off before i even get the bill along with the MBA that was put on there. I probably wont get the applecare on the phone seeing as i dont keep phones long. It is nice though that i automatically get an extra year through american express on both iphones and my macbook air. I will probably get applecare for the air though, giving it 4 years total warranty.

I agree with some posts on here, but i have been down that road too. wanted something so bad just had to have it. I have bought a few motorcycles on credit cards over time, oh and i have great credit and barely any debt now

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Mod's note: I've deleted a whole bunch of off-topic and irrelevant posts from this thread. Please address the OP's question without making moral judgements or other remarks... and if anyone spots anything that breaks forum rules, please use the report button ([​IMG]), thanks.

7. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

Reminds me of this little gem from The Soup: "iPhone 3G - I haven't eaten in days..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDZUk67FpB0

Back to the topic at hand: I'd speak to the store manager. The sales guy was clearly making statements that he knew were false, to boost his sales numbers (it's possible that AT&T is monitoring attachments, like Apple does). At the least, he should credit you the cost of the AppleCare (or give you a free JawBone v2) -- at best, they should allow you to exchange the 8GB for a 16GB at no cost, since you can't transfer the AppleCare, if you've already registered for it.