Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

louis0nfire

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
I just did a factory restore, if I restore from that jailbroken backup will I be jailbroken again? (I don't want to be).

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I just did a factory restore, if I restore from that jailbroken backup will I be jailbroken again? (I don't want to be).

You will not be jailbroken but there will be some remnants from the jailbreak left over when you restore. It's not a big deal (I've restored from a "jailbroken" backup many times) but you should know that just in case you're planning to bring your phone to a genius bar for some reason.

louis0nfire

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
You will not be jailbroken but there will be some remnants from the jailbreak left over when you restore. It's not a big deal (I've restored from a "jailbroken" backup many times) but you should know that just in case you're planning to bring your phone to a genius bar for some reason.

Will that affect performance AT ALL?

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia

If there are remnants what do you do when you need to go to the apple store for warranty/apple care? There have been posts that a jailbreak can't be detected if when you need to bring iPhone to genius bar.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
If there are remnants what do you do when you need to go to the apple store for warranty/apple care? There have been posts that a jailbreak can't be detected if when you need to bring iPhone to genius bar.

DFU restore.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
and to be clear you'd have to get a really jerk of a genius to dig through your user data to find signs of jailbreaking just to refuse you service. They just don't want to see Cydia or themes running when you bring it in. Don't worry about restoring your backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.