My only complaint about my new MBP 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matt15f, Mar 19, 2011.

1. matt15f macrumors member

In graphic heavy web pages, the scrolling is a little slow. Is this fixed with a 15?

Other than that it is fantastic. The speed is on par with my windows quad core i5. The trackpad and screen are next to none. Loving this laptop so far.

The only thing i was thinking was that if the 15" solved the browsing thing, i might just give the wife the 13 and get a 15 for myself.

2. aiqw9182 macrumors 65816

Nope, the scrolling is pretty much laggy on any Mac when Adobe's Flash plug-in is present on a browser page(at least in Safari).

I recommend ClickToFlash to avoid this and obtain butter smooth scrolling throughout every page.

3. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

Can you give an example website with the slow scrolling? Because my 2008 MacBook doesn't lag with scrolling webpages...even with flash and chit that Apple hates.

4. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Click to flash is the way to go. Plus, with flash turned off you can get an extra hour or two of battery life. At least I do when it is off.

5. LadyK8 macrumors member

LadyK8

Is there a plugin like ClicktoFlash for Firefox?

6. adnoh, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011

adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

Dont forget adblock - its also very good.

Just remembered there is an app on the mac app store thats blocks all flash for all web browsers and its free. Te name escapes me atm but have a look.