My only disappointment with the new iPhones..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spazma7ik, Sep 9, 2015.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Is the screen resolution. I fully expected a resolution bump at least for the 6S Plus but alas no.. An obvious increment saved for the iPhone 7. It upsets me but I'll still opt for one.

I also wanted the bezels to be slimmed for the Plus but I can understand why they didn't as they usually will redesign the form in the next numerical increment.

2. audiofx macrumors regular

I agree I'm using a note 5 right now and it's amazing the physical size and screen ratio. 5.7 screen and feels amazing in hand. apples 6 plus needs to slim up its bezels etc for a 5.5 screen. after seeing my note 5 and many other competitive screens the iPhone needs a bump

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I definitely feel this way too! I felt this way last year, and the new iPhone 6s Plus is a huge letdown in the design department, for me. Doesn't sell itself to me at all. The reason why Apple doesn't bump up resolution all the time is because it causes fragmentation, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a resolution with the next iPhone. There was a resolution bump with the 5 (which caused more dev issues due to change in aspect ratio and not merely upscaling resolution of app elements), and again with the 6, so I think there will with the 7. Hopefully it is dramatic, since the competition has much much better screens, sorry.