My only gripe about 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bernie-Mac, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

You cant move itunes to the spot it was originally on the far right, right above ipod but besides that great update

2. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

3. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Maybe when the SDK comes out or if perhaps 1.1.3 is jailbroken their could be an app to allow us to place icons in our own chosen positions that don't relate to the grid at all.

iClutter

Though i do agree that the new iTunes position is a bit of, to quote a gay friend, fasion faupa

4. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

couldn't you move the iPod icon underneath the iTunes icon?

5. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

Its not the fact that its not over the ipod that bothers me, its the fact its on the left and not the right anymore that irks me a bit

6. stekerrod macrumors regular

yeah that irritates me slightly as well! but great update overall.....particularly like the 'hybrid' view on maps at the minute!

7. bentoms macrumors regular

Mms??

I'm still waiting for MMS & a 16GB version to be released in the UK.:(

If i could get a 16GB model then I would be willing to muck around with the MMS web option things..

8. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I know this isn't exactly what you want, but if you fill up the bottom row with new icons, you can then replace the bottom right icon with whatever you wish in that coveted bottom right spot.

It's not the same as blanks to the left and icon, but it's not bad if you really need it there.

9. bentoms macrumors regular

ok. Well i've gone & got one now!

My 3 contract is up on 1st of feb so decided sod it!!!:eek:

10. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

Ha ha! Good for you, hope you enjoy it.
    I did the same thing - waited and waited, and then in December actually played with one in the apple store... Game over! Bought one a couple of days later. :)

11. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

I had the urge to put it back on the right, but I'm not sure if it ever really made sense for it to be there in the first place, other than for having been directly over the iPod icon.

12. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

My battery life since the update has gotten really, really bad. The phone barely makes it through a day now.

And no copy / paste (yes yes...i know. It's been said a million times before). But seriously. It's a bit ridiculous.

The updated functionality, though, is super nice. Great job.

13. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

one small thing that has been grinding my gears is true lack of any central list of all the features.

Allso I am fairly interested in this whole business with batery life acting all funny.

14. The3nd macrumors regular

I wish you could have like a hidden window.... Once to store all the icons you'll never use without having the extra pages...

15. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I am not sure what you are talking about you can move any of the icons including the iTunes icon any where you want at any time.

16. aosman macrumors 6502

I like the old mail. This one seems to be screwing up way too much on the Gmail IMAP. I'm not too happy about this

17. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

On 1.1.2 you had the iTunes icon right above the ipod icon on the 4th row all the way to the right, now you cant move it over there and have it there by itself.

18. iFerd macrumors 6502a

If you set up your Gmail following these directions, rather than by selecting Gmail from the menu, you will be able to return to using Gmail as you are used to. The update converted POP3 to IMAP, so you would need to set up manually again to return to the way you were used to.

Oddly, perhaps, I didn't have any changes in Gmail, which I had configured for IMAP manually before the update.

19. Gonzlobo Suspended

People are crying about that?? Just move the GD icon somewhere else!

20. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

was i crying? i said i didnt like it thats it, jeez go change your tampon or something

21. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

No Copy/Paste nor ability to send pics through text