My open letter back to Steve.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Malamutt, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Malamutt macrumors regular

Steve

Originally calculus, a user here at Macrumors.com, had the idea of allowing us to be able to donate our money to a charity in need of computer equipment.

So here is my response to your offer. I'll take my $100 if your offering it. While your at it why don't you give me the option do donate it to a charity and you match anything I put in up to $100. Given I spent the money originally to buy the iPhone if I don't see it back in my pocket I'm not going to be heartbroken.

If Apple is the company you claim it to be then this is a good chance for you and hundreds of other Apple users like myself to prove it.

Yours truly,

Lee Rahn
    aka :apple:Malamutt

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

3. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

not bad

4. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

word...

It was a good thought but isn't going to happen...sell your giftcard in the marketplace and donate the earnings to charity.

Apple is doing us a big favor...don't push it with your "semi" rude letter. It comes off kind of cold and they don't have to prove anything else to their customers...they already have.

5. The General macrumors 601

6. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

+1

Dear Steve,

Plumbingandtech here. I think you should donate the other $100 to animal shelters across the country. Did you know that animal shelters have to euthanize thousands of animals each year?

Including kittens.

So if you don't donate that $100 to animal shelters that means you hate kittens.

Did you know Hitler had 12 cats?

That means he likes kittens.

And by not donating 110% of apple profits to animal shelters you are worse then Hitler.

Signed,

Me.

7. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

In addition to matching funds for charity, the top executives should also be required to walk around the Cupertino campus on their knees saying "Hail Marys" for 3 hours a day or until the complaints drop below 2500 per hour.

8. calculus Guest

calculus

If you want to put this idea to Apple you need to do it under your own name. Please note that I wasn't suggesting that Apple should give any more money back (i.e. your suggestion about additional matched funds). Not sure if MR would want you to use their name either.

My suggestion was about how people might want to organise themselves to do this - not to involve Apple.

9. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

We are lucky to get the 100. Now you are asking Apple to match that and take time out to set up a system for donating to a charity. Just dont claim the 100 and save yourself any trouble.

10. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

im trying to get someone to kill me too? hmmm..we should hang out...were so emo and the same

11. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

If we promise to shoot at the exact, exact exact same time it should work out fine?

12. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

LOL

This is getting so ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I cannot believe the audacity of some people.

13. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I've got an idea...save that 100 from Apple, next time you go to buy something from Apple, donate 100USD of the money you were going to spend at Apple, and use the store credit in place of it!

Chances are if your buying an iPhone, that won't be the last time you buy from Apple.

14. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

15. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

I'm stoked I have $100 more dollars today.... but,

Apple didn't have to do it.

Motorola didn't do it.

Treo didn't do it.

Apple did it.

16. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Not bad, but please correct the grammatical errors before sending it.

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you are going to actually write an open letter to anyone you may want to try to use the word you're instead of your.
    Just a thought.

18. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

yeah i was going to mention that but didn't feel the energy to post a response and yet here i am responding.

19. wako macrumors 65816

Even better idea... go buy a RED product which will donate a portion of the money to a charity already, then sell the product, then donate it again to another charity. This way you are maximizing the most out of your money... for charity ;)

20. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

anyone know how much of that money goes to charity? I'd like to know that. I think its public information. Might have to check apple's financials.

21. ehoez macrumors member

[​IMG]

i want my $100 or else.....

They wont get another dollar from me again, if im dead!!!!!!!

22. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

that is friggin' awesome! hahahaha!

23. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

People need to stop spamming Steve or he won't take notice of mail in the future.

24. svalentine macrumors regular

Steve made his choice now let him be! You should all be happy you are getting anything.

25. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

If you haven't already, scroll down and read through all of "Steve's" answers to you:

The Fake Steve Jobs

:D