My opinion on 10.10 and XI

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mac.User, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Mac.User macrumors 6502

I know that everyone has their own opinion, but here is mine.

I think that 10.10 should be just like 10.6. a huge push to close every open bug in OS X and every app included with it, iLife and iWork. When they did this it resulted in one of the most loved OS X versions, 10.6. It would also give them a VERY clean base to work with for OS XI's code base.

My reasoning for why this is good are:
    1. Starting with XP code instead of the newer/cleaner 2003 Code is what setback Vista's release dat for MS.

2. 10.6 was very popular for Apple, and its still a supported OS by many apps and many users love it even thought it was just a 10.5 refinement.

3. Even Linus wants Linux 4.0 to be just a large bug crunch so that 4.0's biggest feature will be stability.

I feel like more companies should take the approach of doing occasional releases that are JSUT large bug crunches. If nothing else it gives them less bugs in their code, and less bugs in their system to be followed up on. Which frees more debs to work on new features in the next release, hopefully leading to less bugs in those as there are more eyes on the code.

2. Bear macrumors G3

10.11 will probably come after 10.10 - having said that, they should do a big bugfix push for everything as you suggested.