General My Opinion on Jailbreaking and Pricing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by adcx64, Feb 18, 2013.

1. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

I am a long time JB'er and invested a lot of money into the into the developers. However, I wish more apps came with trials. I would love to try an app before I commit to a buy, as I dont know how stable it is, or if I'd even like it. I think the devs would bring in more money if they offered trials, as more people would enjoy their app and buy.

Anyone agree?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I've always agreed and spoke about the very same thing.

This is one reason why the cracked repo's are so frequently used.

3. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I agree. With jailbreak apps not having a standard testing and approval process like apps released through the App Store, there is a greater chance of getting a buggy mess. But that's why I read up on the Cydia apps before buying them.

4. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Every paid tweak should let you have at least a day trial. I have never used a crack, I have always paid for these as $1 or $2 honestly doesn't make a big dent, but I do think it would be far better to have trials.

5. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Yup, I've wasted about $10 so far this jailbreak on buggy apps. I then tried a cracked app and wound up having to DFU restore my phone.:mad:

I'd feel better if the jailbreak team at least got a cut of the apps money.

6. adcx64 thread starter macrumors 65816

adcx64

glad to see I'm not the only one who believes this. I would really like to buy Auxo, but without a trial I wont risk it.

7. buddybd macrumors 6502

I've been using the cracked one for a while, and it has been working just fine. I'll buy it soon :)