My opinion on the iPod touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pain, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Pain macrumors regular

Upon opening up the iPod touch, you'll find yourself holding a divine device - slimmer than ever. The iPod touch features a contoured back which actually makes a difference from the 1G that I'm so used to. Newbies should be able to adjust to the difference quicker. I'm still having difficulties since it's so much lighter.

The iPod touch 2G seems to have a stainless steel border, something the 1G had that was actually black. It takes a while to adjust to the new look, but trust me when I say - this small update is a good one.

External audio controls. Makes such a difference. Feel them in your pocket and just go up or down. Let's not forget the god-sent speaker... which is actually pretty quiet. I was hoping for a good speaker, but this one will do, I guess...

App Store, iTunes, Weather, Safari, Mail - THE WORKS. Everything from your 1G back into the 2G, with mic compatibility and a small update. Starting at $230, this iPod touch is one you'll be holding in your hand for a while.

What are you waiting for? Touch.

(Oh and, when I got the iPod touch, it was already installed with firmware 2.2!)

2. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No idea. Mine (well, one of mine :p) came with 2.2 as well (my initial 2G that I sold came with the 'original' 2.1.1), and it's not as if it's a big deal...it's whats expected if you get it a few weeks after a firmware update...

4. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

your post made it seem like you were exited about it or somethin

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

OMG my new mac came with os x 10.5 leopard! who'd hav thort??!! lololol!

:p

6. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I like the 1G much better than the 2G.

Contoured plastic=ok

contoured shiny metal= bleh

I like not having a speaker because I don't have to worry about making tons of noise every time I open an App.

7. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

i hated not having a speaker its annoying as h**l

8. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Well I guess since I have an iPhone as well it's not as big a deal to me.

If all I had was an iPT I'd probably want the speaker. :)

9. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Well I thought my Touch was the cat's Meow, in many ways it still is for Apps and Internet, but when I want to hear music better, and watch video on a better screen I grab my new Cowon S9, not mention the battery life, it can't do internet and apps, but for base functions like listening to music and watching vids it simply squishes the Touch.

10. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

definetly question why do u have both