my optical drive went crazy on me!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ksabek, Sep 17, 2008.

1. ksabek macrumors member

last night I was burning a .avi video file from my flashdisk onto a DVD, so after inserting the DVD i chose to open finder and burn from there.
    So after copying the file to the DVD menu i clicked burn n it started burning and it reached 100% then said finishing burn and stayed like that for more than 5 min !!!!! I tried to stop the burn but couldnt and tried to eject also couldnt!!!!so i force shut down the laptop then ejected the DVD!!!!:S

2. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

Are you asking a question?
    Sounds like the disc was being finalised but you've interrupted that by turning off your mac. Now the disc probably wont work/ can't be read properly.
    Don't worry if it takes a little longer than what you expected, sometimes its just the Disk Utility verifying the burn.

3. ksabek thread starter macrumors member

oo ya forgot to put the question which what should I do?!:p
    well maybe your correct but after force shutting the comp I tried the DVD and the file played well!!!:confused:

4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Who let the preteens on teh interwebs again?

5. ksabek thread starter macrumors member

preteens?!!! well I am 19 and the internet is for everyone, and I do have a lot of knowledge related to comp and apple!

6. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

I'm still unsure as to were your problem is? Can you eject the disc yet? If the file plays, then the burn process worked. Next time, don't worry if it takes a little longer than you expect.

b.