My order from Apple just got delayed for a week!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by passingapple, Sep 22, 2015.

1. passingapple, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

passingapple macrumors member

My iphone 6s 64GB (T-mobile) order from Apple just got delayed for a week! WTH.

When I placed the order on 12th, it was to be delivered between Sep 30-Oct 6th, but it is now Oct 7-Oct 9.

Actually it was first pushed back to Oct 3-Oct 9 and when I called earlier to inquire, the agent was not helpful at all and now I see that it's pushed back even further for no reason. It's as if my original order from 12th was canceled and a new order was placed today. I tried to speak to a manager or someone higher up, but I had to call the next day at the earliest as they were closed.

Not sure if there is anything can be done about this. Has anyone also experienced your order being pushed back like this? Since my order is not 6s+, this doesn't make sense at all. This would like waiting almost a month now from the order date.

2. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Well it doesn't make sense for the 6s plus people either.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

When you ordered , was it 3-4 week delivery? Also don't forget that apple uses business days in its estimates.

4. passingapple thread starter macrumors member

No, it was 2-3 weeks and the order confirmation email (and order status page) had the dates as Sep 30-Oct 6th. And now I got bumped twice. I have no idea for the first bump, but the agent I spoked to must have done something to my order inadvertently to bump it for the 2nd time (from Oct 3-9 to Oct 7-9). Geez. At this rate, it might be faster to cancel this and get it from somewhere else.

5. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

6. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

Yep me too.

7. passingapple thread starter macrumors member

Just spoke to a couple of supervisors from Apple and as expected, they told me that they couldn't do a thing about this.

No free Apple TV like a poster from last year (under "My order got delayed, called apple got a free apple tv" post) or gift card - not that I especially want those stuff, but much rather have the phone delivered like it was supposed to. And worse, not even assurance that I won't get bumped again for the 3rd time. I suppose Apple will just keep bumping you and you are stuck with newer and later dates.

I am tempted to cancel this and order from somewhere else, but geez, it looks worse at other places. AT&T site, for example, has their date as Nov 4-11 for the same model. What is going on here? Mere two days ago their date was still early October.

8. idealcheese macrumors member

According to http://explore.t-mobile.com/shipping-dates all 64GB 6s models besides rose gold are showing 9/25 delivery dates. Maybe you can try that and cancel your Apple Store order.

9. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Yeah, cancel and order from someplace else. Don't give Apple your business...oh wait

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

11. passingapple, Sep 23, 2015

passingapple thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info.

I ordered one from AT&T just now, though, after the agent there assured me that if I ordered it, they would ship it tomorrow and I'd get it by 25th. And actually the one I ordered -and now again with AT&T- was rose gold 64gb 6s.

I didn't expect this at all since if you go to AT&T site, the estimate date now is Nov 4-11 as I wrote above, but NO! The agent told me that it is back in stock and it just said that on the website in case it went back-order again.

The only downside is that AT&T charges you $35 restocking fee if you open the box unlike Apple ...but I just won't open it until I go to Apple and see the color in person. I wanted A1633 anyway, so I could live with this.

Anyway folks, if anybody is in similar situation, try AT&T now. Either call or use chat to make sure your model in stock though instead of going by what it says on the website.

(of course the agent could've been BSing me, so I will update whether they actually ship this by tomorrow)

12. passingapple thread starter macrumors member

Sure, if you don't count from Sep 30 and just compare the very last day of each.

13. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Well that is what a window is for....extending it a week would be a week from the last date.

14. noobinator macrumors 601

Technically it's not delayed yet because they haven't missed your original date.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Happens all the time at this time of year. I know its frustrating but in a few more weeks you'll have your phone :)

16. crazyeyes macrumors regular

I was in the same situation last year with iPhone 6+ but ended up actually getting it about a week and a half earlier then they originally quoted me. That could also happen.

17. passingapple, Sep 23, 2015

passingapple thread starter macrumors member

Ok, fair points, guys. I compared the first date of before (sep 30) vs after (oct 7). Also nothing to do with the pope in my case, btw.

I am not going to cancel the Apple order, so we'll see which place ships first.

18. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Could be production issues...could be shipment issues from China...whatever it is, they probably have a good reason. Apple doesn't have it out for people by purposely messing with deliveries. You know they want folks to have their devices ASAP. That means more money for them.

19. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Don't want to wait for shipment? Go the store on Friday. They will have lots.

20. passingapple thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE:

yep, it was too good to be true. My order from AT&T was canceled with some bogus identification security issue (never ever happened before in my life) and I can't fix it at all as they just say I got flagged and can't order from their website anymore. And even if I did place a new order, rose gold 6s 64gb is back-ordered now and won't be delivered until late Oct.

Sigh.

I need it to get it before mid Oct without activating and get it unlocked in time for my upcoming overseas trip in late Oct. I wanted to hold off on activating with any US carrier until I get back in November to avoid paying while I am away, but everybody is trying real hard to not sell me a contract free iphone~~.