My order got delayed, called apple got a free apple tv

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 18, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

I ordered a 128gb iPhone 6 through apple. All set to be here tomorrow. Well today got an email saying it was delayed a week because they couldn't confirm eligibility with att which was probably bs. I called apple and was on hold a half hour but accidentally hung up. Called again because reading about free cases was a good incentive. After another hour on hold I got through and told him what happened and he immediately offered an Apple TV. I've never owned one of those so not sure what to expect?

2. TheLazy macrumors member

Do you have a question or something? Whats the point.

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Wow, you can tell Apple makes too much $$$ when their customer service reps are giving away $100 Apple TVs as apologies for being a day or two late...

Perhaps letting the forum know so others can get in on this 'deal' if their orders get delayed?

4. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Threads are free get over it

----------

Exactly.
    Another thing is I asked if it's possible it could arrive earlier than the 26th and he said no. I bet it's a supply issue but can't say that since I pre-ordered.

5. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

This made me laugh. Nice one!

6. vitacura macrumors regular

7. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Or conversely, you can tell there's an update coming before Christmas and there's a lot of essentially worthless ones hanging around.

I have no idea if there's a new Apple TV coming or not. But even if there isn't, Apple's cost on an Apple TV is considerably less than $100.

8. mackingit macrumors member

$100 apple tv??? you mean the apple tv that was released in 2012 with Gameboy color specs? it probably costs them $10-12 to make that thing max.

I'm hoping they upgrade the poor apple tv soon so i can buy one in October.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Plus the fact its a product designed to suck more money out of you. I'm not sure they did the op that big of a favor. I would have rather gotten a RED 6+ case...

10. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes but their cases are probably like $1 lol. How good is apple TV?