My Order Shipped...but tracking number FUBAR

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ksgant, Oct 25, 2007.

1. ksgant macrumors 6502a

ksgant

I just checked my email, and sure enough, my order from The Apple Store for Leopard shipped. But when I clicked on the tracking number, I'm taken to the FedEx site and it's listing some order going to Anchorage Alaska (I'm in Michigan) AND it says the order was already delivered....in May of 2006!

Now, not sure what is going on but I guess I have to call Apple. :rolleyes:

2. DoreanGrae macrumors regular

Your FedEx tracking number probably hasn't updated in the system yet. Relax. It'll be fine.

3. ksgant thread starter macrumors 6502a

ksgant

Actually on the phone now with Apple, both Apple and FedEx haven't seen this before...so they're still sorting things out.

And yeah, it will be fine I'm sure. ;)

Ok, finished with Apple. What's happening is that FedEx is having some problems on their end with their system and recycling tracking numbers. The Apple CSR said that it should be resolved in 12 hours or so but that the actual shipping item is going to the right place.

So in case anyone else is having this problem, now you know.

4. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Um, mine says basically the same thing. Shipped Apr 26th, 2006 and arrived Apr 28th, 2006, in Pennsylvania (I'm in New York).

Um, weird?

5. PROJECT359 macrumors regular

PROJECT359

Nothing weird about this. It happens with UPS as well.

The number you have been assigned was used before on another delivery. It will update in about 24 hours or sooner.

6. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

This has happened to me several times before.

Can't believe Fedex said they have never seen this...

Basically Fedex reuses tracking numbers. Your new shipment is not in the system yet, so it is showing an old shipment. Give it a few hours to show up :)