My order was cancelled by Apple.com!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hotdeck, Nov 4, 2014.

1. hotdeck macrumors newbie

I purchased a T-mobile iPhone 6+ this morning for personal pick up, but got an email from Apple saying that my order was cancelled. Anyone knows why they automatically assume I'll resell the phone? I purchased using iTune's account, and have recently purchased an iPhone 6+ for ATT. Maybe that's why they thought I was buying to resell? The fact is no. I'm buying for my wife who doesn't want to sign a contract and wants to have freedom to choose carrier. How can I buy an iPhone 6+ without Apple cancelling on me?

Thank you for your recent order with the Apple Online Store. We
    appreciate your business.

As your order appears to include products that are intended for resale
    and the Apple Online Store sells and ships products to End Users only,
    your order has been canceled.

We offer the following information:

1) To purchase as an Apple Reseller, please visit:
    http://channelprograms.apple.com/channel/

2) If you have questions about the Apple Online Store sales policy,
    please visit http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Apple Online Store

2. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Call and explain? Your online order may have been flagged by some fraud detection algorithm and you seem to have gotten a canned auto-generated email. A human CSR maybe able to override the algorithm.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

I'd try calling their customer service line. It's odd that your account got flagged when there is a 95-page thread about people activating dozens of Verizon unlimited data plan accounts solely to flip the iPhone.

4. VoilaiPhone macrumors regular

Give her cash?

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Definitely call. Skip the wonder and theorizing and ask the source. It is clearly a mistake.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

7. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

??

No, call and explain the situation with the wife. The CSR may then be able to reinstate your order and you can pay with whatever instrument you were originally planning to purchase (cash/ CC etc.)

8. hotdeck thread starter macrumors newbie

Called Apple just now. They said they are unable to re-instate my order, and to get t-mobile phone, I have to have it shipped to my home. I'm pretty sure that's not true. It wasn't a helpful call.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Don't reinstate it then. Simply call back and say you want to buy another phone for your wife. It should be that easy. No?

10. hotdeck thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that, but the store no longer has that phone in stock. iPhone 6+ goes quickly these days. Unless you have another way to secure the stock of re-order?

11. KPOM macrumors G5

Can they remove the flag? I'd try the pick-up option again.

12. hotdeck thread starter macrumors newbie

I was told that the order was cancelled, and for cancelled orders, they can't do anything about it. You have difference experience?

13. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

So, they cancelled your order because they assumed you'd re-sell, yet they allow scalpers to buy bags full of them? What a crazy company they are.

14. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Exactly, apparently they weren't concerned with resellers for the first few weeks of launch.

15. KPOM macrumors G5

I haven't had that issue, but what I'm suggesting is that you call Apple ahead and have them lift whatever flag is on your Apple.com account. That way when you order an in-store pickup again it won't be cancelled.

16. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Strange, I was able to purchase 2 iphone 6 pluses from apple and 1 from verizon.

First one I sold because I didn't like the color, which was the only available at the time.

The second one I sold because 128 GB was way too much storage for me.

The one I ended with was purchased from verizon which I kept for now, but I am debating as to whether I want a different color.

17. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

As long as they stand in those crazy publicity fueling lines, I guess they don't care. How dare the OP try to buy without standing in line.

18. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

The difference here may be online vs. store, but I agree with you and there are still long lines of folks here waiting to buy unlocked phones. And very few of them seem like they're going to be in possession of the box for long.

If fact, I went to the Apple Store to pick up a phone and one of the scalpers in line started aggressively trying to sell me the phone that she hadn't even bought yet at a reasonable markup. She talked about being lucky to be "picked" to purchase a phone and I have no idea what that means. My assumption is that a large group of people go somewhere to get paid to buy phones and only some are chosen. Anyway, she didn't know I didn't have to stand in that line. I told her no a few times and walked away when she said, "I'm trying to educate you, Sir." She was still in line as I walked out with a 6+. I thought about walking up to her and offering to sell it to her at a reasonable markup. Kids, stay away from the meth.

19. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It looks like you're trying to have it shipped to an address other than your billing address?

It's pretty normal to not accept orders sent to a different address. I don't see what the issue is, have it sent to your home address and give it to her? Unless you don't live with your wife?

20. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I would say this would be the more than likely reasoning.

21. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

The OP was trying to pick up from the store. Apple is now telling him that they can only ship to his home address.

22. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

My understanding is that they don't let scalpers order them at all.

I wanted to surprise my wife with a phone and so I didn't want to activate it until I gave it to her (otherwise she would have an issue with her current phone not working).

I was told at the Apple store that they had to activate it on a legitimate plan and they explained that they wanted to limit ability of scalpers to buy phones.