My original iPhone takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonewiz, Dec 24, 2008.

1. iphonewiz macrumors regular

I continue to be amazed with how tough my 1G iPhone is. I dropped her for what has to be the 10th time on to asphalt and she keeps right on going!

She's outlasted several cases and even one Budcase. At this rate I'll never be able to upgrade!

Happy holidays everyone!

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Cool. Eh, you will upgrade eventually...

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

4. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

I wish I had that luck... I know the first time I drop mine it's going to shatter into a million pieces. :rolleyes:

5. sdd4 macrumors member

My iPhone is exactly the same. I've had her since August 2007, and, save for a few nicks and scratches, shes still doing her job perfectly. I'm pretty sure I've dropped her AT LEAST ten times, at least three of those on asphalt, the others on tile.

The funny thing is that every time I drop it, I think in my head "Greeeeat... the next time I drop it, it's going to shatter." And then the next time I drop it, my life flashes before my eyes, and time slows as the phone falls in slow motion. Then I pick her up, and she's fine. I applaud Apple for the strength of the iPhone (the first gen, at least).

6. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

Well, not everyone is as lucky. I dropped my iPhone ONCE from about 3 feet onto concrete, and the screen cracked!

7. theevilone macrumors member

yes I can not believe how lucky I was to get a good phone, no problems, dropped it, only a few dents in the bezel.

restored and JB and UL many times and works perfect.

8. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Yep still sporting my original iPhone and still lovin' it.