My Own "Bliss" picture i shot then photoshoped

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by darthyoda3, Jun 17, 2008.

1. darthyoda3 macrumors newbie

darthyoda3

2. darthyoda3 thread starter macrumors newbie

darthyoda3

Could a mod move this to the "Photo Gallery" area, I accidently posted it in the wrong place.

3. flinch13 macrumors regular

Really, photography is about getting results that please you. Your idea of beauty may not be mine, so if you're happy with these photos, that's all that matters.

IMHO, these pictures look too doctored up. They're attractive when you first see them, but the colors look incredibly unnatural (too saturated) in the first photo, and the second photo is flat and dark. Also, you've lost detail in your clouds by overexposing them in some areas. My advice to you is to keep shooting, and try to get the picture the way you want ON CAMERA. Digital photography is nice in that you can make changes to photos on the computer, but when all is said and done it's generally best to make these changes as subtle as possible... this is clearly not the case here, and while I can't know what you personally prefer, I wouldn't have edited my shots this way.

4. darthyoda3 thread starter macrumors newbie

darthyoda3

I try to shoot it the way that I like it but I was limited because I was in a car at the time and it wasn't possible to stop.

5. flinch13 macrumors regular

Hey, no worries. You just have to realize that computers can't do all of the work. In order to take a balanced photograph you need to spend five minutes or so setting up the shot in one place... you were lucky to get these from a moving car, but they would have been better had you been standing still. What camera are you using? What settings were you using for these shots?

6. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

:eek: Photographing from a moving car? Sounds like playing baseball on ice: technically possible... but why would anyone want to do it? ;)

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hehe, I had an idea for this a while back. I've got a few that I'll upload when I'm back in OSX :)

8. operator207 macrumors 6502

I would like to see the non PPed pictures. That is what amazes me, seeing the shot directly from the camera, and the PPed one afterwards.

9. hector macrumors regular

10. disdat macrumors regular

disdat

I like the first one as well, except that it is cropped a bit too much on the bottom. I would have preferred the tree roots not be so close to the edge.
    Great job! I like vibrant photos!

11. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

The first is obviously heavily saturated, but the green is beautiful, the blue sky might be overkill. Pull down the blue but keep the green.

The 2nd is also nice, if you can pull a little more detail out of the darker objects and less out of the highlights it would look nice too. But all in all, both pictures are great!

12. darthyoda3 thread starter macrumors newbie

darthyoda3

Once again, that goes back to the moving car, the bottom was very blurry as it is with the second photo is you look at it.

I will upload the original pictures later today when i can.

I use a consumer camera, not a pro one although im trying to get one some day, it's a Kodak M763.

Right now I am only 15 and jobless so I can't afford all that much at this time :(

13. disdat macrumors regular

disdat

Blurry can be good!

14. darthyoda3 thread starter macrumors newbie

darthyoda3

Not this kind of blurry most times. :rolleyes:

15. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I like it. A little strong but it works for me when small.