My own music won't play

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Grada, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Grada macrumors newbie

I synced my iPhone 7 with my iMac. In the music app it is saying track unavailable. I have owned these tracks for years. They are from my own cd collection and apple won't let me play them ! They are greyed out. Image attached

Attached Files:

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Are you subscribed to Apple Music? These tracks are loaded onto your iPhone? What is the album?

3. Grada thread starter macrumors newbie

No ia am not subscribed to Apple Music. It's my cd. The album is space oddity by David Bowie. I own the album. Only a few tracks from the album will play but the whole album is loaded on my phone.

4. axiomatic macrumors newbie

axiomatic

Have you added iCloud's music in preferences?

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Well, there are no restrictions on that album with Apple so we can rule that out. Tried reloading or re-ripping?

6. Grada thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried a re-sync, same thing, some tracks were greyed out and some would play. Then I went back into the music menu and selected 'Downloaded' and it was showing 'tracks downloaded onto this iPhone'. I then went back to play from this menu and all 10 tracks on the album worked. When I go back into the normal menu only 5 of them work, very strange.
    I don't subscribe to apple music, only use my own downloaded music on that app. I use spotify for my subscription as it does not mess with my library as much.
    So I guess it's fixed kind of, or its a work around for the moment. Hving a few issues with itunes on Sierra too, since the upgrade much of my movie cover art has disappeared (again, movies I own).