My pants just got shorter because I loved the idea...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ericksgotmac, Jul 4, 2009.

1. ericksgotmac macrumors regular

Okay, I just jailbroke my iPhone 3G S and installed backgrounder PLUS Insomnia. So basically now my Apps and my Wifi NEVER turn off, even in sleep mode right? So as we speak I'm testing my Skype on my computer with one account and one on my iphone with a different account. At any time the account on my MBP will tell me if the one on my 3GS shuts off, logs off or gets off *giggedy*. Its been going on a good 15 mins and my skype account on my 3GS is still fully active, I just called my 3GS from my MBP on Skype and it rang like normal even in sleep mode! O.O....

So the whole topic is basically this-

If I decide to turn off my voice plan and ONLY keep a $30 Data plan and a $5 SMS plan, COMBINED with the Skype $3 Unlimited calls plan + $30 for a year (This is why my pants got shorter) can AT&T find a way to bend me over a table and use a really big usage charge on my account?

P.S.
    Anyone know if the MMS will work with Skype? How about the $5 texting plan? What's the difference between the enterprise Data plan? o_O so many questions huh?

P.S.S.
    If this is totally stupid then go ahead and take a extra pointy needle and pop my bubble.

P.S.S.S
    I just realized calls over 3G won't be possible until the developer patches Tricker3G to support FW 3.0 or the iPhone 3GS v.v but besides that can anyone give some insight into this? paying $40 for a iPhone 3GS with Skype makes me so giddy :D

2. TapOut macrumors regular

TapOut

ok how did you get backgrounder on the 3GS when it uses mobile substrate /?

anytime i download ANYTHING with mobile substrate my iphones spring board crashes and i have to end up restoring it ..i have restored 4 times because i acidentally installed something with mobilesubstrate ..

3. ericksgotmac thread starter macrumors regular

All I did was run PurpleRa1n then Freeze then Cydia and run all the upgrades after that I installed cydia.hackulo.us and repo666.ultrasn0w.com to the sources along with the PwnCenter and All Sources. If it ever crashes ur Springboard just go into Cydia and delete the lat thing u downloaded.

4. Haephestos macrumors regular

I would like to know that as well.....

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

You won't be able to drop the voice plan, so that puts a quick end to your idea.

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

Bad news, AT&T will not let you drop your voice rate plan and keep the iPhone data plan. The iPhone data plan is really an AT&T feature on your voice rate plan. It is not a standalone rate plan. :mad:

You don't get to save the $39.99 per month. :eek:

Dave

7. ericksgotmac thread starter macrumors regular

Can some one help me instead of asking that -.- .... this is what I did

1. Jailbroke using PurpleRa1n
    2. Ran Freeze and installed Cydia
    3. Did a complete Upgraded
    4. Installed SBSettings and Appsync 3.0

Iwould get a SB crash with some apps l just uninstalled with cydia but backgrounder and insomnia work fine. I might try Winterboard now since everyone else is reporting backgrounder isnt working for them >.>....

UPDATE:
    Just tried to install WB and didnt work. I guess my luck ran out on that one =p