My passcode was disabled

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by S Brake, Feb 24, 2009.

1. S Brake macrumors regular

I'll start out by saying that my wife is the only other person that knows my passcode and she sad that she didn't disable it and doesn't even know how to. I was sitting at home on sunday night and noticed that my phone wasn't requiring the passcode to unlock so I checked and saw that it had been completely disabled.
    The only other person to even touch my phone was my sister in law and she claimed she wanted to feel what it was like with an invisishield intalled because she has a hard case on hers. I'm thinking that she somehow disabled it because her husband has an invsishield so she should already know what it feels like. She also asked me if I had a passcode on it before I handed it to her.
    So she either found a way to disable my passcode, my wife lied and actually does know how to disable the code, or I disabled it in my sleep.
    I have since enabled the passcode and am quite stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

2. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

You NEED the passcode to disable the passcode, don't you?

Maybe someone was fooling around in Settings, took a random guess at a code when asked, and got it right by luck--then suddenly realized they had screwed up and won't tell you :)

If the phone can unlock itself, that would be an unpleasant bug! (Of course you can reset the whole phone with iTunes--but you'd know if that happened.)

3. S Brake thread starter macrumors regular

You definitely need the passcode to disable it and I was at the in laws when it happened so the phone wasn't reset.

4. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Well, the odds are 1 in 10,000, but someone could get lucky I suppose.

5. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Hard reset...

Ooh, she's all up in your stuff, bro!!

6. jason72780 macrumors regular

You couldve had smudges on your screen where you entered it before and that would dramatically cut down the number of tries it would take to guess

7. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme