My PC cannot connect to Time Capsule Driver to perform backup

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by IncreaseMather, Aug 25, 2009.

1. IncreaseMather macrumors newbie

IncreaseMather

Little help please.

My Time Capsule and PC (Windows XP) communicate well wirelessly. I am able to access the internet and use AirPort Utility to change settings on the Time Capsule if needed.

However, I have NOT been able to perform a backup on my PC yet. I am not able to access the Driver and don't really know what to do to fix it.

Under the "Network Drivers" section, the PC says that it is a "Disconnected Network Drive", and when I try to open it up, it says "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password".

Reading other threads, I've already checked and verified that the PC and the T.Capsule are using the same Workgroup name. I am not sure that I have Bonjour loaded on my PC. Is it necessary?

Thanks a TON for this help. This is driving me nuts.

-Dan

2. martynmc7, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011

martynmc7 macrumors regular

http://www.foreverwarm.com/using-time-capsule-with-a-windows-pc/

The Time Capsule isn't really designed to backup with a Windows PC, it's supposed to integrate with the Time Machine software which comes on every Mac.

If you want to use the Time Capsule as a networked hard drive see the guide above.

Note from the moderators: The web page referenced above is now here.

3. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Great information, thanks Marty...

I've tried to set it up to back-up my Wife's Vista PC with no luck. I will try the above.

Cheers.

4. IncreaseMather thread starter macrumors newbie

IncreaseMather

Marty, thanks for the reply and the website. I still can't get it to open up the drive though.

Any other ideas? It recognizes that the drive is there, but can't get it open.