My pdf pop-up menu has disappeared -- any suggestions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by triz321, Dec 25, 2007.

1. triz321 macrumors newbie

I am running 10.5.1 and have recently noticed that the PDF pop-up menu in the lower left-hand corner of the print dialog box no longer appears. I can find workarounds to generate pdf files, but I shouldn't have to. Has anyone experienced this problem and are there known solutions?

2. rjmedia macrumors newbie

Having same problem

I just started having this problem after a visit to the Genius Bar yesterday for a totally different issue (trying to retrieve a deleted file...no luck). Am seeing them again tomorrow morning to get this fixed. Will let you know what they do.

3. abonadon macrumors newbie

PDF button gone for me, too...

I'm suspecting the missing PDF function is another glitch that has to do with Leopard. Leopard worked fine for some weeks, but the problems have been popping up somewhat gradually. Other problems I've had include Photoshop not launching (because the program file is "locked"; it is not locked, however) and Time Machine taking forever to do its stuff (though this problem is gone); and the Address Book not being able to add or edit entries.

Elsewhere I found that a solution to the Photoshop problem was to re-install Leopard (archive and install); I'm not sure doing so will fix the other problems, but I'll give it a try this weekend. --Angelo Bonadonna

4. postello macrumors newbie

Same here - any news?

Anyone found a solution yet?
    Reinstall Leopard?

Thanks,
    P

5. abonadon macrumors newbie

Yes, Reinstall

I solved the missing PDF button problem, along with several other problems (Photoshop not working, importing of pictures from my camera not working, Time Machine issues, and other problems, I'm sure) by doing an "Archive and Install" of Leopard. It was relatively painless, so I recommend you do it. Leopard unfortunately is causing a lot of problems to a lot of people, but I'm sure they'll iron all these things out in good time....