My Pegasus R6 gave up....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by alq, Oct 29, 2011.

1. alq macrumors member

Hi guys,

Today in the morning when I started my Mac Mini Server I just figured out that my Pegasus R6 possibly died.
    All HD-leds were on red and after checking the Promise utility, I found this:

[​IMG]

I just contacted the Promise support, now waiting what they will say....
    I'm pretty pissed about that, since I have just finished setting up all my loops and stuff for my Logic work. And I was working on a remix last night, which I only saved on the R6 for now :mad:

Did anyone else have this experience yet?
    Any suggestions (beside making backups every hour....)?

alq.

2. alq thread starter macrumors member

Everything's back on!
    Called the Promise support, did a Teamviewer session and the guy used the terminal version of PromiseUtil to force the Raid online again.
    Happy camper again :D

alq.

3. bergert macrumors regular

do you remember what command he used (command-line options for promiseutil) ?

4. alq thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

This:

cliib> phydrv -a online -p1
    cliib> phydrv -a online -p2
    cliib> phydrv -a online -p3
    cliib> phydrv -a online -p4
    cliib> phydrv -a online -p5
    cliib> phydrv -a online -p6

After each command, one drive came back to blue.
    In the end, just checking the subsystem status:
    cliib> subsys -v

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

This may be the source of some issues I'm having with my (Brand New) R4...It's stuck in RAID5 (Operating fine) but I want to use on of the drives separately....I have TC backing up my iMac too, so I figure running 3 drives in RAID is plenty.

I talked to Promise too, but did not have such a good experience...Trouble is, all advanced options are greyed out...Best suggestion they came up with to remove and re-install the Promise utility...Been there done it, same result.

I don't want it stuck in RAID5, although it's functioning as it should, all blue, and utility reports all is well.

Only option is to "Force eject" one of the drives, and re-format it..A little violent for my tastes....Don't understand why the utility refuses to let me make changes?

6. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I do not like force ejecting a drive in a RAID array.. and would not do it unless all the data was backed up twice elsewhere. Personally, I would back up the data to other cheap drives... reformat the R4 in whatever configuration you desire, then restore the data.

/Jim