My phone buzzes and I don't know why.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHavequestions, May 20, 2016.

1. iHavequestions macrumors regular

To be more clear, my phone gives me the indicator that a notification is coming in, but when I look at the notification list, nothing shows up. There must be an app that has the notification on but set to not show it. I have a ton of apps. Is there a way to find out which one without going to the notification setting of each and every app to find out where the problem is?

2. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

3. Prozak0820 macrumors 6502

Prozak0820

It's probably the mail app. Happens to me a lot. Just random vibrate it's usually that app. Or it's that I got a notification and it vibrates after I've checked it. Kinda weird.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It could be any of your "ton of apps" that is causing it to vibrate. Maybe time to clean things up a bit and if you have not used it in months . . . .

5. boba120 macrumors newbie

boba120

The issue seems to be you have the notification sounds set to vibrate for an app or more but not set a visual notification you can see.
    Likely one or more of your apps have notifications turned on and it only sends a temporary notice to your screen instead of a persistent one that you need to swipe away. Or maybe it is not set to show on lock screen. If the phone was open you would see it. Maybe the culprit(s) are set to show in history. (I think that is the list you see when you swipe down.) Try looking at that history of notices. Another option would be to see if any of your apps get badged. If the culprit is set to badge the app you might be able to see it there.

I bit the bullet one evening while watching TV and sat down and went through the whole list of notifications and set them all to a consistent notification schema to show only what I wanted and how to show it.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Likely they figured this out a couple years ago.

7. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

The bizarre thing is that they have been a member for almost 14 years and only have 8 posts. If that isn’t weird enough, they then respond to some random 2 year old thread. Strange...

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It is what search and the "Similar Threads" will get you. I have, by mistake, replied to an old thread, too!