My phone is either taking forever or stuck resetting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nordovita, Sep 18, 2010.

1. nordovita macrumors newbie

About an hour ago I reset my phone to factory settings. It's still in the process, and at this point I'm getting a bit worried.

It does its thing at the apple logo loading screen for about 15 min, then it turns off for a few seconds, turns back on to the apple logo, and appears to be doing its thing again. In the last hour its probably turned off and on about 7 times.

I'm not sure if it is taking forever, or if its stuck.

I don't want to touch it or do anything. Anyone out there got any info on this?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

That's not normal.

Did iTunes already say "It's been restored" ? If so you can certainly disconnect it.

3. nordovita thread starter macrumors newbie

I reset my phone without connecting it to iTunes. I used the 'erase everything' option in settings.

4. nordovita thread starter macrumors newbie

Searching around I found some people who has similar problems, but none that were exactly the problem I'm having.

Other people seem to have success by shutting off their phones, and holding the home button while they plug it into a computer. iTunes will hopefully pick it up and be able to restore it.

I'm afraid to try this because my phone is supposed to be restoring itself to factory settings.