My phone is lost.. in the network?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TacOSoup, Jun 21, 2015.

1. TacOSoup macrumors newbie

Been looking to get a new phone cut on through page plus (can cut on any phone basically, as long as its not on the fraud/frozen list). A friend of mine had a 5c, so i traded one of my stereo systems for it and headed to page plus. Page plus is verizon based, and the carrier on my iPhone says verizon, so i thought there would be no issue. I was wrong. Marty, owner of the location in my town, goes to looking and typing and searching. He's brilliant about anything technological and phone wise, but he didn't know what was up. he searched the ESN but it was invalid to the verizon carrier (as if the phone was NOT ever on the verizon service). It in a sense is just unknown as to what its' carrier actually is. *it is not blacklisted. Anybody have any help on finding out where this phone belongs?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's what happens when you buy first and ask questions later.
    Not every iphone will work on any wireless provider.
    Some phones are locked to certain networks and will not unlock and other networks do not accept unlocked iphones etc...
    Do your research before you get the phone to make sure you can use it on your carrier or you will get stuck with a useless device and then you will start to do the legwork and research that you should have done before.
    You can try here to see what carrier your iphone is locked to:
    http://www.swiftunlocks.com/unlock/iphone-network-status-checker

3. TacOSoup thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not that it wont "work" on my phone it says VERIZON is the carrier, but when you run the esn it is not valid for verizon. As in, it is not a verizon phone but the carrier in THE ABOUT section on the iphone says verizon. I have yet to find the actual carrier. If i knew what the actual carrier was, i could "flash" it and it would be okay.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I gave you a link above to find out 100% what network it's locked to.
    And "flashing" any iPhone on any network is not always possible. But since you know everything go for it.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

How do you "flash" an iPhone?

I'd love to go back to iOS 6 on my iPhone 5!

6. TacOSoup thread starter macrumors newbie

Flashing is a term by page plus, it just means they unlock it for the Verizon network. but i have to know its original network so they can flash it.