My phone is only displaying Blocks of lines

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Slucko, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Slucko macrumors member

My phone was working earlier today then i came back from a run to get back to class and all my phone is showing even with restarts is blocks of black and white lines or blue and white lines. It won't even show up in itunes when I connect to my macbook pro. This is my second iPhone, I have a 3g with 3.0 GM installed. Any help would be appreciated. [​IMG]

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Should be under warranty. Make a genius bar appointment or call AppleCare.

3. Slucko thread starter macrumors member

Only thing is I need my phone and I don't have a land line ,and there are no genius bar appointments at any of the apple stores nearby till Tuesday

4. Slucko thread starter macrumors member

It's now displaying this or a variation with scrolling lines [​IMG]

5. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

6. Slucko thread starter macrumors member

I can't get into DFU, itunes finally reconigized my phone so i am trying restore now.. keep your fingers crossed

7. Slucko thread starter macrumors member

8. Slucko thread starter macrumors member

Ugh I think I am pretty much screwed since I noticed phone support is limited to 90 days.. and I can't get an appointment at one of the 3 apple stores here in orlando ..

9. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

By phone support i think they mean like... help you learn how to use the phone. Not claim an applecare warranty. Try calling anyways. Worst they can do is tell you no. Also, maybe they can do some magic and get you an appointment in a store.

10. Slucko thread starter macrumors member

Just called and they can't do anything but either A. place 300 placeholder on my credit card to send me another phone and send mine back or B. send me a box to send it out though they recommend to just wait till tuesday since it will take longer to send out then wait till tuesday to get an appointment

11. Slucko thread starter macrumors member

I just heard a text message notification but i can't see it still the same lines on the screen

12. Slucko thread starter macrumors member