My phone isn't registered to me...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamied95, Sep 30, 2010.

1. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Right, I sent my iPhone 4 off for repair (patchy glass), and I received the parcel, however it wasn't addressed to me (right address, wrong name), so ring up AppleCare, tell them there's obviously some mistake, I am not this dude! I also check on the site, and my phone, according to their site, does not belong me. This is late August.

It's now the last day of September, tomorrow will be 6 weeks since I made first contact. In the intervening period, I have spoken to AppleCare 7 times. Each time bringing up the fact, that, according to their website, my phone isn't registered to me, and I'm not getting e-mails regarding repair status (even though my friend was).

They checked each time and told me it was infact registered to me, and it just hadn't updated on the site yet, now, is 5 weeks long enough to update a site? I would presume so.... Infact the last time I rang up (2 weeks ago), the man on the other end started to me as if I was stupid, repeating that the site would update again and again, slower and louder each time - I understood completely, what he didn't understand was that I had been waiting 4 weeks, if it hadn't updated, it wasn't going to - he told me to get in touch with Apple.com Feedback if it didn't sort itself. Waited a week, nothing happened, off I sent an e-mail, explaining in detail what had happened... no reply, no site update, still no emails - as far as I'm concerned, my phone is not registered to me, I can't see any details about it from my account... and for all I know, some other person is getting emails about my phone (which I bought new), what do I do? It's not just me, I gave my password to an Apple representative, and she couldn't see it either! It shows my MBP but not my phone! ARGH!

2. 0wnage macrumors member

That's strange. Hang up and call again - they should change the information immediately.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Or better yet, don't hang up until it's changed.

4. jamied95 thread starter macrumors 6502

But on their system it's all supposedly right :/